Correct line with AK?

SiSi Red Chipper Posts: 7
Into last 30 of an online $16 MTT. Villain has been at my table most of the night and hasn't got out of line that Iv'e seen. I haven't seen him bluff at showdown.
I've seen him 3bet a fairly tight range QQ, TT, AK, AJ so I know he can have lesser hands in his 3bet range.
After being a bit card dead for a while, I have had a run of opening 4 hands from the last 10 without being contested.

I am UTG+1, 22/17 (398 hands), 3bet 9, stack 336k (42bb)
Villain is BB, 19/12 (312 hands), 3bet 4, stack 477k (60bb)
Blinds are 4k/8k A 1000
I open 2.1 bb with AKs, it folds to BB who 3bets 6BB

My question is, what would be the best line to take here considering villains stats, stack sizes, ICM considerations, recent history and hand ranges?

1. Should I 4bet/fold to around 13 BB if he jams?
2. Should I 4bet jam and get it in with effective stack 42bb?
3. Should I flat the 3bet and see the flop knowing I'm going to see a cbet and even if an A or K comes, I could still be way behind?
4. Should I actually consider folding to the 3bet??? Surely not.....

I will add that I'm sure I saw a SOTO hand review video a while back where he caned the player for not 4bet jamming AK at that stage in the tournament with less than 50 bb left after opening and being 3bet.

Thanks guys

Answers

• GabeyJGabeyJ Red Chipper Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    Always fold AK it's a losers hand
  • jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    4% 3-bet is ridic small (99+,AQs+,AKo - AJ isn't in the top 4% normally so that might have been situational), you'd just be jamming into a brick wall. Imagine what his 4-bet shove calling range is, 1%? (QQ+, and that crushes you) In other words, if you shove you're mostly bluffing, with the only exception being that you have a couple blockers. So yeah, you could get jacks and AQs to fold and win 6BB, or lose 42BB and bust out of the tourney.

Soto's hand review probably didn't involve a 4% 3-bet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file