Beat up on two hands. Hand #1: 99, Hand #2 KQ

Joshua KJoshua K Red Chipper Posts: 82 ✭✭
edited May 2017 in Live Poker Hands
Hand #1:
Villain UTG raises to $20 (LAG style; typically plays $2-3-5)
Stack: $560

Hero calls in the CO with :9s :9D:
Stack $170
Flop: :8c :4d :3c
Pot: $ $46

Villain checks
Hero bets $25
Villain calls

Turn: :7h
Pot: $ 96
Villain bets out $40
Hero pushes all in for $130 total

Villain tanks for about a minute and calls.

River: :8d
Pot: $356

Villain turns over :Jh :8h


Hand #2:
Villain late MP limps in
Hero in HJ raises to $20 with :KD: :QS:
Stack: $195

Folds to Villain who calls
Stack $167

Flop: :QD: :8c :3c
Pot: $46

Villian checks
Hero bets $35
Villain looks at hole cards, tanks and calls.

Turn: :7d
Pot: $116

Villain checks
Hero All in for $140
Villain calls.


River: :4H:
Pot: $344

Villain shows :Qh :QC:


Please review and give me tips. I have ideas of where mistakes may have been made.

Comments

  • LukaLuka Red Chipper Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a bad beat and a cooler.
    1st hand - what was your plan when you called off $20 from your $170 stack with 99?
  • Joshua KJoshua K Red Chipper Posts: 82 ✭✭
    Luka wrote: »
    Sounds like a bad beat and a cooler.
    1st hand - what was your plan when you called off $20 from your $170 stack with 99?

    Plan was to play position and go for two streets of value. Although he had a LAG style, I did not see him barrel twice unless he had an over pair to the board or top pair.

    When he checked on the flop, I felt I was good due to my tighter image. After his lead out on the turn, I believe he put me on over cards to the board until I raised, which put him at a decision.
  • Zero CoolZero Cool Red Chipper Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    Was this game 2/4? If so why are you playing short stacked? Other then that I agree with @Luka bad beat and a cooler. I like the turn shove in hand 1 to the donk bet he wants to keep the pot cheap don't let him. In the future you might look to start 3 beting him more since you know he will open UTG with :Jh :8H: .
  • Joshua KJoshua K Red Chipper Posts: 82 ✭✭
    Zero Cool wrote: »
    Was this game 2/4? If so why are you playing short stacked? Other then that I agree with @Luka bad beat and a cooler. I like the turn shove in hand 1 to the donk bet he wants to keep the pot cheap don't let him. In the future you might look to start 3 beting him more since you know he will open UTG with :Jh :8H: .

    It was a $1-2-3 game and I bought in for $200. Max buy in $300.
  • kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why did you bet ½ pot with a very vulnerable pp in hand 1 but ¾ pot with a hand that's almost got a lock on the board in hand 2?
  • Joshua KJoshua K Red Chipper Posts: 82 ✭✭
    TBH...after the first hand, I think consciously I was avoiding another potential beat thinking a larger bet may have been better. But, looking back, I should have kept consistent and not changed the amount.
  • kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Joshua K wrote: »
    TBH...after the first hand, I think consciously I was avoiding another potential beat thinking a larger bet may have been better. But, looking back, I should have kept consistent and not changed the amount.

    i would have done the opposite.
    when you're more nutted (hand 2) - you want to keep a wider range calling.

    truth is, it don't matter what you did - @Luka 's right... they're coolers

    but @moishetreats might have something to say about playing a shoving style... :-D
  • In The DarkIn The Dark Red Chipper Posts: 209 ✭✭
    At 1-2-3, 99 at 60bbs is a PF shove. Why else sit with 60bbs?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file