Q&A for "Optimizing Tag - Ax" video

rjevskiyrjevskiy Red Chipper Posts: 87 ✭✭
edited March 2015 in General Concepts
James,
My question for last hand where hero had :Ad :Qd in BB on the action on Flop
If we do assume that Villain has tighter range and we only have 32% Equity here, going ALLIN is still profitable with this draw. Does stack size make difference if we have like 200BB (versus 100BB in this sample)?
I am straggling with identifying correct situations when I am playing to find these conditions and push it.
Example of online hand: 50c/$1 FR game
HJ (Hero) with $107: :Qh :Qc
UTG (Villain) with $122: ?X? ?X? . NO info on him yet as only have 9 hands
MP ($101) is Passive Fish with VPIP:38, PFR:6

UTG raised to $4 and MP call and I call.
Flop ($13.50) :Jh :Th :9h
UTG bets $13.50
MP calls

What should Hero do?
My first reaction was to push all in (if calling pot would be $54 and $90 behind, any raise here would just commit me anyway). I just did not know what my equity would be.

On the side I did some analysis and gave range to both players based on preflop and flop play
UTG: 99+,AJs+,AQo+
MP: QQ-88,AKs,AhJh,AhTh,Ah9h,Ah8h,Ah7h,Ah6h,Ah5h,Ah4h,Ah3h,Ah2h,KQs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,KQo

PokerStove shows my equity 36%
.36*($103(hero) + $13.5(flop pot) + $103 (UTG) + $97(MP) - .64*$103 (what I would lose) = +$48 (and if MP folds its +$18)

It seems my shove is profitable. Is this how you prepare of table and apply to similar situations?

For sure I need to be able to identify possitive situations and need help.

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,032 -
    This is the kind of spot you explore a ton away from the table so that you can estimate it more properly in real time. Ignoring the fact that I'd normally squeeze preflop...you can use this spreadsheet to proof the math of the shove: http://redchippoker.com/free-poker-ev-spreadsheet/

It looks like you need 30% folds between the two of them for this shove to be 0EV

shovingQQ.jpg

DL the spreadsheet and then start plugging away to better understand this stuff =)
  • rjevskiyrjevskiy Red Chipper Posts: 87 ✭✭
    Forgot about this spread sheet. I did play around with it and gave different open range to these players and took into consideration what the actual hand Villain had (UTG did PFR with :7s :8d) and PokerStove showed 46% equity. This gave me plus EV even if they never fold.
    The adjustment I need to do during actual hand would be on player type and how wide his range is. Tighter player in this case would mean negative EV for me. Is this how you do it?
    I lost this hand
    Board: :Jh :9h :Th :Tc :6c
    Villain (UTG): :7s :8d
    MP: folded on Turn
    Hero: :Qh :Qc
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,032 -
    Exactly. How wide did he CB, and what hands in that range would he bet/fold? The more he bet/folds, the better for you =)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file