poker tracker 4

broseidonbroseidon Red Chipper Posts: 7
edited March 2015 in General Concepts
hey everyone i just have a fairly general question about poker tracker 4. I play online a lot and i recently got poker tracker 4 to help me keep track of hands and what not however all the capabilities of it are a little overwhelming. does anyone have any useful tips for making the most of the software? what are some useful reports to configure or whats the most efficient way to review play from any given session? thanks in advance for your advice! hope you all run good today!

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,984 -
    broseidon wrote:
    hey everyone i just have a fairly general question about poker tracker 4. I play online a lot and i recently got poker tracker 4 to help me keep track of hands and what not however all the capabilities of it are a little overwhelming. does anyone have any useful tips for making the most of the software? what are some useful reports to configure or whats the most efficient way to review play from any given session? thanks in advance for your advice! hope you all run good today!

I've been considering making a course showing how to best use this software, because it's awesome, but you are 100% correct that it's overwhelming at first.

I suggest getting familiar with creating, running, and analyzing filters so that you can find your own leaks. Reports are for another day.

Create filters to see how to perform opening certain hands from certain positions, how you perform in 3bet pots, how you perform IP vs OOP, etc. The more you do this, the better you'll get at understanding stats and finding leaks.
  • broseidonbroseidon Red Chipper Posts: 7
    SplitSuit wrote:
    broseidon wrote:

I've been considering making a course showing how to best use this software, because it's awesome, but you are 100% correct that it's overwhelming at first.

I suggest getting familiar with creating, running, and analyzing filters so that you can find your own leaks. Reports are for another day.

Create filters to see how to perform opening certain hands from certain positions, how you perform in 3bet pots, how you perform IP vs OOP, etc. The more you do this, the better you'll get at understanding stats and finding leaks.

thanks a lot for the reply splitsuit. I will definitely try messing with filters first! i think a course on using the software would be super beneficial!
  • DurpDeDumbDurpDeDumb Red Chipper Posts: 20
    SplitSuit wrote:

This would be EPIC! The videos you've released using poker tracker/leak finder videos really opened my eye's up to how awesome, complex and yet what an extremely useful tool poker tracker can be. I'd love to really learn how to use this program to it's fullest capabilities. Sign me up!
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,984 -
  • BarraBodBarraBod Red Chipper Posts: 2
    I've been using pokertracker 4 for a while now and I've not once set any filters to help me analyse my play. This is something I need to look in to!!
  • Rello242Rello242 Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 595 ✭✭
    There is two things i really love from my Poker Tracker 4 software.

1. The "lower opacity until mouse over" option, simply because when I play alot of table it kind of hurts my head to see a bunch of numbers in my face, so with this option I could have the pleasure of having a clean looking table and the option to just scroll over the HUD to make it appear for anything information I need. Especially playing Full Ring games where there are less space but more people to place HUD stats. This is the big winner for me :D

2. I use filters when I am studying. Since my game revolve around +EV calculations, on regular days i just filter out hands where i lost to see if i misplayed any hands and on special days i take a look into spots i think that puts me in a tough decision making and really try to see how my EV changes in similiar but different spots (based on hand + board + villian range) so i could figure out how to deal with that tough spot from different angles in a game.

These 2 functions are gold for me :D
    -Rello

"Its better to give than to receive, so bet more and call less"
    Check out my HUSNG Graph: Chips-Results
    Follow All the Action On My Blog: www.rello242.blogspot.com
  • ivandurstivandurst Red Chipper Posts: 124 ✭✭
    +1 for making a PT4 vid focused on leak finding SplitSuit. I'll buy it :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file