Getting help from wife.

SixthStreetSixthStreet Red Chipper Posts: 255 ✭✭
edited March 2015 in General Concepts
I heard a pro say how he plays heads up with his wife for practice. I am working on getting a study group together, but everyone close in my area is only interested in free bar poker. So besides heads up play is there anything my wife could do to help with study?

Comments

• Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,790 -
    I heard a pro say how he plays heads up with his wife for practice. I am working on getting a study group together, but everyone close in my area is only interested in free bar poker. So besides heads up play is there anything my wife could do to help with study?

Have her play at the same full-ring table with you. Laura short-stacks at the same table I play at, knowing I will have to explain/justify plays to her later keeps me on my A-game. It is about accountability.
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • Homie_Da_SharkHomie_Da_Shark Red Chipper Posts: 4
    I would never have even considered playing at the same table with my wife or girlfriend. After reading this post I will have to strongly reconsider my views. It would most surely keep me on my "A" game knowing I would have to justify my play after the session.
  • SixthStreetSixthStreet Red Chipper Posts: 255 ✭✭
    I was thinking action flash cards. Working on ranges and getting them ingrained in my head. They are not automatic for me. When we around house she would grab one and read. I would have to give range needed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file