Should I fold pre??

SCP00SCP00 Red Chipper Posts: 72 ✭✭
edited March 2015 in Online Poker Hands
Hello guys,

I decided to return to the online cash games to balance with my live MTT's. But made myself a challenge that was building a bankroll from 0, without depositing any money, to 10k. For that, I used the bonus from the 888 tht was 8 or 18 (dont remember) instant cash. I am in a aggressive bankroll management mixing 5NL to 10NL full ring. After a week and half, I am up $100.

Now the hand:

Not enough hands played to get real stats from villains

NL10
Full-ring
Effective stack: 100BB

Hero has KK

UTG limps
Hero in UTG+1 limps - I decided to limp because it was a very aggro-fish table with a lot of raises and 3-bets with weak holdings, so limped because I am expecting a squeeze of about 70-80% the times.
Fold
Fold
Fold
Co raises to 0.6
BT 3bets to 1.83
Fold to hero
Hero 4bets all-in - I think tht I'm not saying tht I have a nutted range since I limped after the UTG limped and maybe they can me put on 66-99's...

Now what I saw from the villains: CO is raising about 30%; BUT is 3betting about 4,5%.

You think it was a bad line? I liked it :)

What is messing with me is tht PokerSnowie told tht was a -EV move and I should have folded. Really?? In micro-limits??

Feel free to share your thoughts.:)

Cheers

Comments

• Rello242Rello242 Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 595 ✭✭
    I have no idea why poker snowie would say thats a -EV play. You under rep your hand pretty decent and could get looked up with worse. Good job on the read to make a different play, I cant argue with your play if you know what to expect from the other players at the table. The only thing here is if you have no real sample size and if in general you expect villian to 3bet with weaker holdings, where did the 4.5% 3bet from BTN come from and is that reliable?

As long as you have solid reads and a good excuse for making certain plays, then continue as planned and don't worry about it.
    -Rello

"Its better to give than to receive, so bet more and call less"
    Check out my HUSNG Graph: Chips-Results
    Follow All the Action On My Blog: www.rello242.blogspot.com
  • SCP00SCP00 Red Chipper Posts: 72 ✭✭
    The 3bet range from BTN is a estimation, isnt accurate. Do u think is tighter or wider?
  • SullySully Red Chipper Posts: 777 ✭✭✭
    I guess my question is: If table has lot of raises, squeezes and light 3-bets, why not open to your normal size?

If you get your chance to go all in preflop, I think you would win more money if you fold them out. I also think you actually underrep your hand more with a normal open/shove than a limp/shove. I think limp/shove looks super nutted

Also I would have reraised, not shoved. Something like $4.00-$4.25. I would want some calls here.
  • Rello242Rello242 Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 595 ✭✭
    SCP00 wrote:
    The 3bet range from BTN is a estimation, isnt accurate. Do u think is tighter or wider?

Here is the thing, its hard to tell without no information. If you said the table is pretty aggro and 3bets alot then automatically they have a wide 3bet range here. If you feel for some reason the 3bet is a little more tighter, then i would like to see a normal open raise since you aren't guaranteed to get much action. If they 3bet pretty tight but call pretty wide then why not just increase your open raise?

I'll give you a hand of applause for figuring out the table dynamics but don't second guess yourself. If the table dynamics are as such as where players are raising and re-raising a ton, then you have a reason to limp-raise. If you aren't too sure then stick with more default actions and just open your hand accordingly.
    -Rello

"Its better to give than to receive, so bet more and call less"
    Check out my HUSNG Graph: Chips-Results
    Follow All the Action On My Blog: www.rello242.blogspot.com
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,034 -
    sullyooo wrote:
    I guess my question is: If table has lot of raises, squeezes and light 3-bets, why not open to your normal size?

If you get your chance to go all in preflop, I think you would win more money if you fold them out. I also think you actually underrep your hand more with a normal open/shove than a limp/shove. I think limp/shove looks super nutted

+1 as a default.
  • SCP00SCP00 Red Chipper Posts: 72 ✭✭
    By default, I open with my normal raise.

But, I was 3 buy-ins up and I was seeing that I wasn't getting the normal action from the others, they seemed afraid getting involved with me, so I tried something different.

As for the 4bet for 4-4.5, it was in my mind but it seemed too nutted. A over-limp and then shove seemed more fishy..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file