Want to start a blog

Rello242Rello242 Red Chipper Posts: 595 ✭✭
edited March 2015 in Off Topic Chat
First off,

I want to give a round of applause to the admins and founders of this site. I have been playing poker for about 4 years now and i always liked small forums better than the famous ones but the smaller forums i have joined in the past just didn't had enough traffic and responses like you guys do. Good job in creating that atmosphere here.

I was thinking about starting a blog about my poker journey and posting results, hands of the day, and some of my "tough spots" hands as i progress. I also think it would motivate alot of the other poker players, especially the new ones, and it would keep me fresh and motivated.

With that being said, i want to know from an admin or founder if there is a specific area in the forum where I can do this, if you would like to point out anything i should or shouldn't be doing concerning posting a blog here and maintaining it, etc.
-Rello

"Its better to give than to receive, so bet more and call less"
Check out my HUSNG Graph: Chips-Results
Follow All the Action On My Blog: www.rello242.blogspot.com

Comments

• Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,867 -
    Thank you for the kind words, we like it here too.
    Rello242 wrote:

With that being said, i want to know from an admin or founder if there is a specific area in the forum where I can do this, if you would like to point out anything i should or shouldn't be doing concerning posting a blog here and maintaining it, etc.

As for an official blog, we have been considering guest blogs from Red Chippers that are interested. That is still being figured out (let me know if you have a blog post or two in you!). Other people have put in a lower commitment kind of thing here on the forums. Basically a daily(ish) post of progress in a bankroll challenge.

Since it sounds like you want to do more "Hand of the day" type things, I would suggest a set of posts on the forums all with a naming convention in the title: "Rello Hand of the Day #1: TPTK vs a set". This will give cohesiveness but also allow discussions of the hands to stay separated by thread.
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • Rello242Rello242 Red Chipper Posts: 595 ✭✭
    Ok so basically i can post about progression on bankroll and hands for review and let it go from there?
    -Rello

• Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,867 -
    Rello242 wrote:
    Ok so basically i can post about progression on bankroll and hands for review and let it go from there?

Yes, post it in the Live or on-line section as appropriate.

Enjoy
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
    Ok, appreciate the quick response.
    -Rello

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,071 -
    Rello242 wrote:

But like Doug said, we are looking into making a user/blog section of the site. So if you are really interested in that, let us know =)
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
    SplitSuit wrote:
    Rello242 wrote:

But like Doug said, we are looking into making a user/blog section of the site. So if you are really interested in that, let us know =)

I am :)
    Never did a blog before but i was thinking about it for couple months now, just never started any because i was looking for the right audience and right pros to give me the constructive criticism i need and i like it here plus it was really your videos and your advice that made the biggest difference in my poker career SplitSuit so its only right that this be the area to do it. The audience in the forum are great, along with the pros & founders here. So if you are going to make a session for me to make a blog, I'll happily wait until its up and running.
    -Rello

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,071 -
    Rello242 wrote:

I am :)
    Never did a blog before but i was thinking about it for couple months now, just never started any because i was looking for the right audience and right pros to give me the constructive criticism i need and i like it here plus it was really your videos and your advice that made the biggest difference in my poker career SplitSuit so its only right that this be the area to do it. The audience in the forum are great, along with the pros & founders here. So if you are going to make a session for me to make a blog, I'll happily wait until its up and running.

Thank you, that means a ton =)

So we are busy prepping the launch of new content for tomorrow...let me add this to my "do this right away" list and get you some more info by next week. In the meantime, don't hesitate to write up as many posts as you'd like and we'll find someway for you to get them on the blog =)
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file