Trying to build my PF ranges - CO

dissectiondissection Red Chipper Posts: 63 ✭✭
edited April 2015 in General Concepts
I am trying to build some solid basic ranges for 6max NL10 CG.. By basic I mean I want to have some starting point and make those ranges wider or thinner depending on action, dynamics, stacks and villain(s).
Is this one ok ? Is there something you really dislike ? If so why ? Thank you very much :)
Any color = open raise
Orange = + flat
Red = + 3bet

PtrzMDS.png

Comments

• dissectiondissection Red Chipper Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Oh and this is only vs EP or MP.

Btw orange is more like brown on the picture :D
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,034 -
    I think it's an OK starting point. So long as you are very fluid with 3bet/flatting hands like AQ/TT and that you know when to add a ton of hands into your flatting range to utilize your edge + position.
  • dissectiondissection Red Chipper Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Thank you mister ;)
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,034 -
    dissection wrote:
    Thank you mister ;)

No problem at all =)
  • Korol' Lev23Korol' Lev23 Red Chipper Posts: 2
    I'm not nearly as advanced a poker player as James is, but I would remove A9o-A2o, K9o-K7o, Q9o, J9o, T9o-7o, 66-22, 87s-65s, T8s-75s, and K7s-K5s as default open raising hands. Of coarse they are fine to raise with when it is folded to you in the CO or BTN. I just wouldn't use a frequency of 100% with them. Plus, I think those hands add to many marginal to weak hands to an Open raising range. You have to remember that a raise is considered a "open" raise unless it has already been raised in front of you. Everyone calling the BB with a limp before it gets to you and having it folded to you are technically the same thing as far as the definition of an open raise is concerned. If you have been folding a lot of hands and haven't seen any action in a while, any of those hands are fine to raise with, but make it a big one on a table full of limpers, just over a pot sized bet should be good enough to cut the field down to just one or two callers. The pot will be a nice big one when you see the flop, so if the others check it to you in disinterest fire another bet the same size as your preflop bet (just a little more than the pot) no matter what the cards on the board or in your are and watch how quickly they fold. LOL I would also ADD some hands to the 3-bet portion of your range. Four is not enough, AQs-ATs, AQo, AJo, KQs-KTs,QQ-TT, QJs, QTs, JTs, and T9s are all solid hands to 3-bet with I think. That would give you 18 hands to 3-bet a player that has been preflop raising more than his fair share.
  • JCWJCW Red Chipper Posts: 93 ✭✭
    dissection wrote:
    I am trying to build some solid basic ranges for 6max NL10 CG.. By basic I mean I want to have some starting point and make those ranges wider or thinner depending on action, dynamics, stacks and villain(s).
    Is this one ok ? Is there something you really dislike ? If so why ? Thank you very much :)
    Any color = open raise
    Orange = + flat
    Red = + 3bet

PtrzMDS.png

Your 3bet range is 2%! I would add a little "trash"/blockers into this range or you will be super easy to read. I would add A5s to that range if you added nothing else. So you have 26 value hands and 4 bluffs. If you don't want to go with blockers then add black 43s and red 56s. You still have the same ratio of value to bluffs. Or add them both for 8 combos (especially on passive tables).

I would also remove the K8-K5s and Q8. I'd remove T9 & 98. Remove the A9-A2o (these are terrible hands) and add more mid-range low-gappers. I would rather have 53s in my range than A6o!!! This will give you better board coverage and move big-hand flop EQ.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file