Opinion based question on what is the X factor that differentiates the best in the world

Nick81933Nick81933 Red Chipper Posts: 6 ✭✭
Hello! I am curious about everyone's opinion on this subject. I am wondering what people think the biggest X factor is that separates the best players in the world from everyone else!

Best Answers

Answers

• kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭
    creativity... anyone can work hard. anyone can learn to see chips as something other than money... but true elite players play a very different game than the masses... they're creative storytellers who don't need good cards to show a consistent profit
  • tripletiretripletire Red Chipper Posts: 173 ✭✭✭
    Grit, someone's ability to persevere and follow through with their goals. At least that's what creates success, not entirely sure about elitism. Probably a combination of natural ability, creativity, and grit.

Check out Angela Duckworth's studies and TEDtalk
  • bigburge10bigburge10 Red Chipper Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭
    kagey wrote: »
    creativity... anyone can work hard. anyone can learn to see chips as something other than money... but true elite players play a very different game than the masses... they're creative storytellers who don't need good cards to show a consistent profit

They work hard in a creative/strategic/outside the box kind of way. For some reason, I think of this quote from Apple:

"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."
  • jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭
    kagey wrote: »
    anyone can work hard

Anyone can, not everyone does.

• volcanovolcano Red Chipper Posts: 284 ✭✭
    does not compute, does not compute. Are we really trying to be the best at luck based game? just make all the money.
  • bigburge10bigburge10 Red Chipper Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭
    volcano wrote: »
    does not compute, does not compute. Are we really trying to be the best at luck based game? just make all the money.

Huh?

• jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭
    I think yesterday was kind of a crazy day for volcano - he was bursting with forum posts :)