Hand 3, Need Feedback

cybler13cybler13 Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
Hey everyone, I just finished Hand 3 and would like some feedback.

Some thoughts on EP, based on the HUD stats:
- he's trying to see a lot flops, volunteering money 46%, but only raising a third
- and he's trying hard to see those flops, calls vs the 3bet 70%
- mostly calls, AF is 1, so not so aggressive, but does CB half the time he gets a chance
So, he has a somewhat wide range but usually just limps. This time he min-raises, so I think we might be looking at something a little higher in his range, middle pair, lower broadways, mid-weak ace, etc (not too much on him, this is still section 1, my range) :D

Questions:
AQ: 3Bet
99: 3Bet
KJs: 3Bet

Thoughts: I'm approaching this hand aggressively with the upper left of my range. I think the button will fold to my 3bet and since the other three behind me have wider ranges (based on stats), I'll be aggressive with a strong range.

Preflop Raise Range: AA-99,AKo-A9o,KQo-KTo,QJo-QTo,JTo,AKs-A5s,KQs-K9s,QJs-Q9s,JTs-J9s,T9s,98s
Percentage: 18.7%, Combos: 248

Flop comes: :JC::8H::6H:

Questions:
AA: Bet
AK: Check
Hearts: Bet

Thoughts: Heads up with the wide-range calling station. I'll continue to be aggressive with top pair and better and the straight and flush draws, especially if I have the NFD. He may fold since he's folding 63% to FCB.

Flop Bet Range: AA-99,AJo,KJo,QJo-QTo,JTo,AJs,KJs,QJs-Q9s,JTs-J9s,T9s,AhKh,AhQh,AhTh,Ah9h,Ah7h,Ah5h,KhQh,KhTh,Kh9h
Percentage of last: 52%, Combos: 117

Turn comes: :9h:

Questions:
QQ (no heart): Check behind
AK (1 heart): Double barrel
AK (no heart): Check behind

Thoughts: So he didn't fold to my CB, I'll tighten my range up a bit more and only go with some semi-bluffs. Based on the questions, if I don't have the flush or straight I'm slowing down (check behind) but will continue blasting with the flush (or near NFD), especially since my range is mostly A or K high flush. I have 15 combos that make a straight (see next), so I'll fire again with the straight. You'll see I'm also checking behind with QQ, this board is kind of a mess now, AA and KK though, keep firing! I am betting TT, but only because it makes an OESD while QQ is a gutshot.

Turn Bet Range: JJ-99,QTo,JTo,QTs,JTs-J9s,T9s,AcAh,AdAh,AsAh,AhKh,AhQh,AhJh,AhTh,Ah7h,Ah5h,KcKh,KdKh,KsKh,KhQh,KhJh,KhTh,QhJh,AhJd,AhJs,KhJd,KhJs
Percentage of last: 59.6%, Combos: 65

River comes: :2S:

Questions:
KK: Bet
Jx: 2 pair: Bet, 1 pair: check
Ace-high: check

Thoughts: He's still there! I'm guessing he was on a draw or Jx. He only goes to showdown 30% and then only wins 31%, so he kind of overplays. I'm pretty much only 3 barreling with good hands at this point.

River Bet Range: JJ,99,QTo,QTs,J9s,AcAh,AdAh,AsAh,AhKh,AhQh,AhJh,AhTh,Ah7h,Ah5h,KcKh,KdKh,KsKh,KhQh,KhJh,KhTh,QhJh,JhTh
Percentage of last: 63.1%, Combos: 41

He raises! Almost 3x!

Questions (AI with):
AA: No
Non-nut flush: K-high yes, all others, no
Air: No

Thoughts: The little bugger, he doesn't know when he's beat, oh well, I'm only AI with a Q-high straight or A/K-high flush. He could beat my K-high flush with an A-high flush, but I think my range is stronger and I don't think that would happen often enough.

River All In Range: QTo,QTs,AhKh,AhQh,AhJh,AhTh,Ah7h,Ah5h,KhQh,KhJh,KhTh
Percentage of last: 60.9%, Combos: 25

Final thoughts: Fun hand, I've spent a couple of hours on it and really gave a lot of thought to what I'm playing and narrowing down my range.

Sometimes I think I get lost post flop, maybe learning my own ranges better like this will help me know what to do. Does that make sense? :D

Thanks for feedback!

David

Comments

• TiltboxTiltbox Red Chipper Posts: 78 ✭✭
    Hi David
    What do you mean by finished hand 3? Also it's not clear what position you are in or what your actions are.

• cybler13cybler13 Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Tiltbox wrote: »
    Hi David
    What do you mean by finished hand 3? Also it's not clear what position you are in or what your actions are.

Hi Tiltbox, the above is an exercise from SplitSuit's 6 Max Workbook. Also, in this exercise you start from the CO and the Button folds to the preflop bet, so the entire hand is late, in position. The actions are all stated in the workbook, so I didn't think to add them above.

Thanks

David

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file