Pocket 6 Multi-Way

Joshua KJoshua K Red Chipper Posts: 82 ✭✭
Game Type: $1-2-3
Hero in UTG with :6S: :6C:
Effective Stack: $630

Hero limp calls
UTG+1 raises to $15 (ES: $200) (TAG style)
UTG+2 calls (ES: $180) (Unknown)
Hi Jack Calls ($400) (Fishy player)
SB calls ($139) (Loose Rec)
Hero calls

Flop: :9c :7c :6D:
Pot: $78

SB checks
Hero checks
PFR bets $25
UTG+2 calls
Hijack calls
SB Jams AI for $114
I tank and call
PFR folds
UTG+2 fold
Hijack calls

(I thought about the flop and reviewed what potential hands SB could have after shoving and I put the player on a combination of hands such as 10-8 or 8-5 for straight possibilities. I also thought of combinations of 9-7, 7-6. I thought of other possibilities such as 99 or 77. I thought of the possibilities and set was possible, but I thought if he had me then he had me and with the players behind having such small stacks except Hijack, I felt it was also less likely the 3 had a set or two pair because they would have raised after PFR. Therefore, I thought the call was fine here so as to initiate a side pot possibility with Hijack. Also, I felt I had pot odds to call with $114 to win $267 at this point.)

Turn: :3H:
Pot: $470

I check
Hijack Checks

(I thought Hijack may have a draw, which looking back I should have bet to extract additional value to see the final card.)
River: :3D:
Pot $470

I bet $200
Hijack folds.

I show Full House and SB folds saying he had a straight.

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭✭
    Missed some value on the turn on a wet board after HJ flats the flop twice playing his hand face up as a draw..time to build a side pot and get some value and possibly win the main as well
  • SullySully Red Chipper Posts: 581 ✭✭✭
    edited June 20
    I would definitely have went all in on the flop instead of calling.

By calling you are incentivizing villains behind to realize their equity for a fair price. If they want to realize that equity it should be incorrect because of the price I set.

You don't initiate a side pot by calling here but by raising. As played you should initiate the side pot by betting

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file