Pro membership and Aggression crash course

Chris FChris F Red Chipper Posts: 155 ✭✭
Perhaps a silly question but do pro members have access to all the videos in the aggression crash course or would I need to buy both?

Thanks!

Comments

• bigburge10bigburge10 Red Chipper Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭
    I believe Pro membership has everything. Worth every penny.
  • GTOLife2020GTOLife2020 Hudson Valley, NYRed Chipper Posts: 875 ✭✭✭
    bigburge10 wrote: »

I started the 1 week trial today. The best two sites I could find for training/videos/hand histories was Pokerstrategy.com and here at RedChipPoker. I'm an American microstakes cash game player playing/studying full time. If I had to pick one site (PS.com or here) to stick with after this month, why would you say it should be RCP? Keep in mind, PS.com has a tiered membership. Gold, which I have is $40 and brings you up to Platinum which is intended for full time professionals. I think the Platinum is $70 and the next one up is like $100 or $120. I do like the idea of paying one flat price for all content here but I also like the idea of being able to grow longterm on the same site.

Thanks in advance for your opinion and any information that can help me become a better poker player who makes more money.
  • Chris FChris F Red Chipper Posts: 155 ✭✭

Thanks!
    Chris F wrote: »

Thanks!

Sorry, man. I didn't even realize I hijacked your thread without answering your question. I'm a little tired :p

Yes, Pro comes with everything you're referring to.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,071 -
    Joseph F wrote: »

I started the 1 week trial today. The best two sites I could find for training/videos/hand histories was Pokerstrategy.com and here at RedChipPoker. I'm an American microstakes cash game player playing/studying full time. If I had to pick one site (PS.com or here) to stick with after this month, why would you say it should be RCP? Keep in mind, PS.com has a tiered membership. Gold, which I have is $40 and brings you up to Platinum which is intended for full time professionals. I think the Platinum is $70 and the next one up is like $100 or $120. I do like the idea of paying one flat price for all content here but I also like the idea of being able to grow longterm on the same site.

Thanks in advance for your opinion and any information that can help me become a better poker player who makes more money.

I can't answer this properly as I'm obviously very biased lol. But it's all about ROI. If you get a greater ROI over there, of course that should be your play.

If you are, I'd love to hear how though so we can look into improving the core PRO product =)
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
    Sounds like @Joseph F has some confusion between the Crash Courses and the Pro Membership. It sounds like he's interested in the Pro Membership, which will allow him to grow long term with the site, but has stumbled upon the Crash Courses--which are just a way to sell chunks of content to those not wanting become Pro Members.

Or do I need a coffee break?

Sounds like @Joseph F has some confusion between the Crash Courses and the Pro Membership. It sounds like he's interested in the Pro Membership, which will allow him to grow long term with the site, but has stumbled upon the Crash Courses--which are just a way to sell chunks of content to those not wanting become Pro Members.

Or do I need a coffee break?

No, I understand it correctly. I actually emailed Zac about that very thing before I took out the trial membership.
    SplitSuit wrote: »

I can't answer this properly as I'm obviously very biased lol. But it's all about ROI. If you get a greater ROI over there, of course that should be your play.

If you are, I'd love to hear how though so we can look into improving the core PRO product =)

More than fair enough. What I've noticed so far is that your mix of online and live cash game content is extremely diverse and unique. I want to start playing *both* live and online, as I just play online now, and your courses here are - no question - what I will get the most out of from any of the sites I've seen.

I still have the whole week to check things out but I would recommend some more actual online cash session videos played by coaches and discussed. Don't get me wrong: Your classroom style approach and using PT4 to analyze hands is perfect for me and I love it. I would just like to see a little bit more micro/small online cash game videos. I would say focusing on Stars for ROW players and WPN for US players would be the best course of action.
    edited June 2017

Ok, so my plan was to spend up until this weekend studying, comparing different training sites, and working on taking care of myself physically/mentally in order to prepare for a lot of volume this weekend. In the end here, I'm going to run with you guys here on RCP for a while. Your flat $50/mo. turns out to be better than the tiered program on PS.com because the fact is that you have even more advanced information available here and after taking everything into account, it's nice to access it all now as opposed to gradually stepping up. Freedom is always good. Additionally, Tricia Cardner is fantastic and specifically addresses personal struggles and psychological issues I've battled with. Additionally, the coaches here (and Dr. Cardner) make themselves overly available to RCP'ers. That's something the other sites just don't have. No other site makes things that personal and lets you feel like *whatever* comes up, you'll always have someone to turn to.

Your forums here are fantastic and feature the most in depth, high level thinking I have seen in today's day and age of poker. The fact that this site's videos and forums focus on online and live cash games, as well as both MTT venues, is perfect for me. That's my plan: Lots of cash game volume throughout the year with shots at specific tournaments. Having exposure to both live and online content on a site that ultimately merges the two together is absolutely ideal for me. You also use the exact same software/PT4 setups as I do, and your Flopzilla/Equilab implementation is great. I have Power Equilab, myself.

I could write more but I don't want to make one post too monstrous. I'm going to sub to just RCP for a while and start putting in a ton of online volume. We'll see where I'm at in a few months. Off to study another video and then play some hands.
  • Michael WMichael W Red Chipper Posts: 135 ✭✭
    sorry for hijacking this thread, but i have a question:

in order to become a member i either have to buy the live crash course or the mtt one. at least thats whats shown to me.
    but i dont play live nor tourneys...
  • kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael W wrote: »
    sorry for hijacking this thread, but i have a question:

in order to become a member i either have to buy the live crash course or the mtt one. at least thats whats shown to me.
    but i dont play live nor tourneys...

what do you mean "member"
    forums are free... so you're good there and you're a "member!"

there are 3 "crash courses" available for a single fee per course... MTT, Live ½ and Aggression Crash Courses (which are comprised of bundled videos only)
    otherwise - you can subscribe at a monthly rate and see ALL videos any time you want including all the "crash courses"

hope this helps.
    edited June 2017
    To update this: I just put in the longest cash session I ever have. About 12 hours and ~2200 hands. Finished just about half a BI down and was massively under EV for the session. Like 3 BI's under EV. I was down 6 BI's at one point and then made them all back within a 30 minute period. When I started the session, I was running at like 38/27/15 which is just crazy for me but I could see it was the result of transitioning from a TAG to a LAG style which is subconsciously happening just from studying the aggression course. I stuck with that losing session because I was totally confident that eventually, if I kept playing back at these guys and thinking in terms of ranges, etc, I would start winning. That's exactly what happened. I had 300+ bb's at each table when I left. I've never had stacks anywhere near that large in a WPN cash game and I just couldn't believe how fast the money was coming in once I started hitting the deck a little. I scooped up tons of medium sized pots with air just by considering range perception for villain and myself and I was hitting all sorts of draws on the turn and river in spots I never would have even been in the hand just last week.

So, if any micros online players are wondering if the videos and content on this site will be helpful for them: More than anything else I've come across yet. All the other training sites I've seen teach you fundamentals, math, postion, etc. You learn about the game. Here, you learn how to maximize your profits and run the cash flow at tables. I can't wait to dig into the live videos and put in my first live session soon while moving up the online stakes here.

• Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭✭
    I would say that RCP offer a mix of both realm. More geared toward live play but Brokos and Jones content are gold for online play. The community and forum atmosphere is great and there is some actual real top tier players that answer questions so it's a plus value imho.
    I could write more but I don't want to make one post too monstrous. I'm going to sub to just RCP for a while and start putting in a ton of online volume. We'll see where I'm at in a few months. Off to study another video and then play some hands.

Awesome feedback - thank y ou!
    edited June 2017

Awesome feedback - thank y ou!

You're very welcome. You should add the ability to post photos in the forums, as well. I guess we can still link to uploads but it's not the same thing, you know? As we discussed in that other thread - Graphics are important and it's one of your strong suits. Push it to the max. Anyway, photos crossed my mind because I would post my graph. The overall results aren't anything amazing (+1.07 bb/100 over 6,559 hands) but I'm running well under EV (about 2 BI's under) and there's a HUGE upswing right when I started studying here that's almost laughable lol. Even with a few 70%+ all ins lost I'm still carrying on a massive upswing and am running at over 3 bb/100 adjusted for the month with everything combined. In the last 500 hands I'm up 5 buy ins and *still* running below EV during that stretch.

I was 3betting @ 18% over about 600 hands in an earlier session and calling 3bets at around 65%, entirely IP. The micros regulars that used to dominate me on WPN are now just extremely easy to exploit.

edit: Last night I also 4b semi bluffed pre for the first time with AQo against a laggy recreational. It was pretty fun, as has been triple barrel bluffing and watching villain tank/fold to air.
  • Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭✭
    We can post pictures Jeff.
    You should add the ability to post photos in the forums, as well.

1r7vsw2l5tls.png
    edited June 2017
    o85qbfnmkmn0.jpg

s81f5rnyggju.jpg

Sorry. I'm exhausted and I totally just overlooked the icon for posting pictures before.

One thing, as I saw you had another thread related to this going: My PRO trial runs out in 2 days and for some reason it switched from saying that it was recurring and that I would be charged and start my full membership on the 27th, now it says that my membership ends on the 27th. Can you make sure that I continue past my trial and don't get double charged or anything?

Thanks!

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I first started grinding online I signed up for cardrunners which is great for online play. Idk how their content is currently but I turned pro after about 2years of experience through training on that site.

I think RCP forum is best for live cash. CR for online six max. Really depends on what game you wanna play.

Live = RCP FTW. Had best community imo.
    CR for online play.
    edited June 2017
    Austin wrote: »
    When I first started grinding online I signed up for cardrunners which is great for online play. Idk how their content is currently but I turned pro after about 2years of experience through training on that site.

I think RCP forum is best for live cash. CR for online six max. Really depends on what game you wanna play.

Live = RCP FTW. Had best community imo.
    CR for online play.

The market has changed significantly. Over the past 6 weeks I've done loads of research and trials. I was about to go with CR for cash games so I emailed the staff about a free trial since it mentioned it on the site and told us to get in touch with them about it. They informed me that they're scaling things back tremendously and don't even have pay subs available anymore.

RCP, Upswing Poker, and RunItOnce feature the most advanced, in depth, high level cash game content that's available today. I'm keeping my sub here on RCP, getting the essential package with RIO (it's $10/mo), and maybe buying the video package on post flop play from Upswing. That's also only $20 right now.

RCP and RIO have the best poker forums on the internet now. Hands down. I really like what PokerStrategy.com has to offer but the fact is that a good 60% of their pay content is previously recorded sessions that were available on twitch for free. Further, unless you go up to paying the $69 or $99 a month subs, the information is extremely basic and the players in the study groups are huge, huge fish even after having the gold+ subs for ages. Additionally, a lot of the videos are filled with dead air and tech issues lol. Guys come in, troll the twitch thread, and pretend there are issues even when there aren't. Next thing you know, coaches are on the floor playing with wires, guys are typing "LMFAO!!!!!" in the chat box. It's crazy. I got a ton of the basics out of the way and improved by spending 3.5 weeks on there but it's time to move onto the more advanced material mentioned above. I'll grow into what's over my head right now and there's a lot of content that's *not* over my head at this point, too.

RCP just needs to focus a *little* bit more on the online cash games. As it is, quite a bit of the material here is already applicable to micros online games and completely relevant and applicable to small, mid, and high stakes online cash games.
    ...but I'm running well under EV (about 2 BI's under)
    What are you using to calculate this? My understanding is that EV is extremely difficult to calculate and very inaccurate. I haven't played online in years, so maybe there's some more advanced stuff these days.
    ...but I'm running well under EV (about 2 BI's under)
    What are you using to calculate this? My understanding is that EV is extremely difficult to calculate and very inaccurate. I haven't played online in years, so maybe there's some more advanced stuff these days.

No, you're right (as far as I know). I should have been more specific. I guess it's not really "under EV" as that would be a different calculation. I should say that my "all in adjusted" is now like 4 BI's under my real all in currency won. If anyone could clarify if this is even remotely close to estimating + or -EV and if not, what tools can we use in PT4 to see exactly where we stand on that front?

Related to what I said earlier about my account: Trial ends on the 27th and it still says "account canceled", as in it won't charge me and continue tomorrow. I'd just go purchase the order again tonight but I don't want to get double charged. Could someone please clarify/help? Thanks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file