NL Holdem $1(BB)
HERO ($109.17)
BTN ($17)
SB ($99.4)
BB ($100)
UTG ($338.03)
HJ ($121.88)
Dealt to Hero K:heart: 8:heart:
UTG Raises To $3 (Rem. Stack: 335.03), HJ Folds, HERO Raises To $10.5 (Rem. Stack: 98.67), BTN Folds, SB Folds, BB Folds, UTG Calls $7.5 (Rem. Stack: 327.53)
Flop ($22.5) 6:heart: 9:spade: 8:spade:
UTG Checks, HERO Checks
Turn ($22.5) 6:heart: 9:spade: 8:spade: 2:spade:
UTG Bets $15 (Rem. Stack: 312.53), HERO Calls $15 (Rem. Stack: 83.67)
River ($52.5) 6:heart: 9:spade: 8:spade: 2:spade: K:diamond:
UTG Checks, HERO Bets $30.25 (Rem. Stack: 53.42), UTG Calls $30.25 (Rem. Stack: 282.28)
UTG shows 9:diamond: 9:club:
UTG wins $109
Opponent is 35/29/7.7 3-bet/ 35% AGG 155 hands

Comments

• NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    There are things before the river that need to be addressed about this hand.
  • Ray KRay K Red Chipper Posts: 139 ✭✭
    Ninjah wrote: »

can you please explain, i would like to learn how to play better
  • NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭✭
    Ray K wrote: »
    Ninjah wrote: »

can you please explain, i would like to learn how to play better

I don't think this hand is the right hand to 3-bet against someone who doesn't like to fold. I would be very value heavy in 3-betting against this type of opponent. Once we get to the river, what is our reason for betting? We certainly aren't getting better hands to fold. Do you think he will call with worse hands to make this a value bet?
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    River bet is very mandatory I think. No reason to play this hand and make two pair just to check. Although your hand does look like AK with a spade here. But you can also have AsQx or AsJx in your bluffing range.

Lucky villain didn't go for more streets of value against you since you have very few flushes here and he just got scared.

Villain range is a little weak, I would probably bet about 40% pot here ($20-$25) range to target some QQ-TT hands.
  • Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    As mentioned by Ninjah, there is multiple things to realize about you're play in this hand.

The first thing i would ask myself is how UTG range look like when he open here. Then i would ask myself how the hand i got right now can measure itself vs. that range. Here UTG opening range should have multiple K that dominate my hand. Although i can probably make him fold some hands that got good to great equity vs my hand it could possibly put me in tough spot post flop since K8o is not that great of a hand to realize his equity.

So at this point you understand that it is not a bad idea to attack the UTG opening range specially vs. that profile but with better holdings that have the chance to make strong hands post flop.

When he calls, UTG still have plenty of K that dominate you and overall his range is a bit stronger then if you had only flatted his open, because the consequences of your bet on his range is making it a bit tighter, although he is loose he will release some equity when you 3B him because of stack size and the SPR the 3B create on flop. Also you can make the assumptions that although he got some K that dominate you're hand he doesn't know that and his perception is that you probably have some K that dominate his. The consequences of the 3B work both ways on ranges and perceptions. So ask yourself what you represent when you 3B him and how that perceived range interact with that particular flop.

On that flop when you check back you have to realize that at the stack depth you are right now, if you had a strong holding you would probably Cbet that flop and there is not a lot of strong hands in you're check back range. That is why V lead Turn here. He can now freely try to deny you're equity with bluffs and grow a bigger pot with his strong holdings. Notice that he can have very strong hands Turn now in reality and in perception when he bet where you shouldn't have so many.

• Ray KRay K Red Chipper Posts: 139 ✭✭
    thanks for the advice guys

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file