Is Twitch messing up my game

sharpsandflatssharpsandflats Red Chipper Posts: 46
edited April 2015 in General Concepts
Ive been railing a lot of Twitch. Bigdogpckt5's, The Assassinato, Nanonoko, etc.
My game has taken a very aggressive turn. Ready to shove it into some guys teeth when I feel have potential to get huge chip lead. Ive been bubbling a lot.
In the past I had my own nit methods. Culminating from Sklansky, Harrington, and self experimentation. I would min or sub min cash a lot. Slowly building up my BR.
I don't play the 12 hours of tournaments and usually can get 5 or 6 a day. I have a family.
Is Twitch messing up my game? Ive had good scores in the 5K category before Black Friday. My highest being 17K but that was live. Im thinking of going back to my nit ways but I know that's not good either.

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,034 -
    Is it a small sample size?

Becoming more aggressive is a great thing...but I'd say don't panic yet since the variance in MTTs is absurd. Just make sure you are aggressing in the right spots and things will pan out as your sample size increases.
  • Rello242Rello242 Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 595 ✭✭
    One thing i would say is that you have to go over hands and look over some spots and see if your play is "correct". If it isn't and twitch was the reason you started making those play you have your answer. Variance in tournaments is way higher than cash games, so you have to be able to take the downswings and the bubbling and all those stuff that comes with it. Usually if you are watching guys that do well in tournaments then you should be well really.
    -Rello

"Its better to give than to receive, so bet more and call less"
    Check out my HUSNG Graph: Chips-Results
    Follow All the Action On My Blog: www.rello242.blogspot.com
  • DrTriciaDrTricia RCP Coach Posts: 190 ✭✭
    I think the trick is to be able to suss out the best spots for your aggression and take those. Sometimes, aggression is ill-advised. It's all about the reads (including hud stats) you have on opponents. I think you'll end up pleased with your results because in the long run well timed aggression pays off!

Tricia
  • sharpsandflatssharpsandflats Red Chipper Posts: 46
    Heres an example. Im in a 9 seat SNG. Im in BB. I have 25 BB. UTG and Button have about 10BB's each. SB has 40.
    I have AQ and SB min raises me after small stacks fold.
    Normally I flat to see the flop and fold if I don't hit due to ICM.
    But taking an aggressive stand I Jam.
    Im not interested in making 3rd as the money is inconsequential.
    I want first and am willing to race here or get his min raise and put out a warning he cant steal from me. Which because of his stack size has been doing so.
    This might have been an error on my part.
    I think Twitch influenced me here.
  • JCWJCW Red Chipper Posts: 93 ✭✭
    But taking an aggressive stand I Jam.
    I want first and am willing to race here or get his min raise and put out a warning he cant steal from me. Which because of his stack size has been doing so.
    This might have been an error on my part.

Aggression is key to poker. But it isn't raw aggression but smart calculated aggression.

When becoming a more aggressive player, it will be a learning curve. In the beginning, you will be in unfamiliar territory as players will be adjusting to you. You will have to learn to read lines as an aggressive player instead of a passive player. Regardless of what many people say, the average player in today's game do adjust. Just sometimes they make poor adjustments. Still you have to look for them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file