KQs CO 10NL

SixthStreetSixthStreet Red Chipper Posts: 246 ✭✭
edited April 2015 in Online Poker Hands
Merge, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $10.61 (106.1 bb)
BB: $14.36 (143.6 bb)
UTG+2: $1.65 (16.5 bb)
MP1: $10.37 (103.7 bb)
MP2: $13.84 (138.4 bb)
MP3: $3.98 (39.8 bb)
Hero (CO): $12.30 (123 bb)
BTN: $9.45 (94.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Qdiamond4.gif Kdiamond4.gif
UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, 2 folds, BB calls $0.40, 2 folds

Should of gone $.60 been doing 4BB +1 for each limper.
this is what i think CC range is QQ-44,AKo-ATo,KQo-KTo,QJo-QTo,JTo,AKs-A2s,KQs-K9s,QJs-Q9s,JTs-J9s,T9s,98s

Flop: ($1.25) Tspade4.gif Tclub4.gif Qclub4.gif (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.83, BB calls $0.83

Standard CBet for me
call range JJ-TT,AKo,AJo-ATo,KJo-KTo,QJo-QTo,JTo,AKs,AJs-ATs,KJs-K9s,QJs-Q9s,JTs-J9s,T9s
beats me TT,ATo,KTo,QTo,JTo,ATs,KTs,QTs,JTs,T9s

Turn: ($2.91) 5diamond4.gif (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

When called on flop I figured more combos beat me than I beat. So a little fear creeped in. So I thought I was not going to fold to bet on river.By checking back it keeps hands that were flush or straight draws in that would of folded to bet.

River: ($2.91) 4club4.gif (2 players)
BB bets $1, Hero calls $1

1/3 pot bet made it easy to call. Any made flush, boat or 3 of kind I think would have been 2/3 or bigger bet. I took quick guess I had over 35% equity getting 4:1 to call. so only needed 25%

What you say?

Comments

• ivandurstivandurst Red Chipper Posts: 124 ✭✭
    I like it as played, nice hand. A couple things:

I don't have flopzilla or time to do the math, but I would expect that you're beating more combos than the ones that beat you on the flop.

Checking back the turn is fine, but the reasoning "it keeps the fds/sds in that would have folded turn" is backwards. You want to get value out of these hands on the turn, as they are not calling again on the river unless they beat you. Again, it's ok to check back this turn, just realize that you're doing it for pot control, and the trade off is that you're giving draws a free card.
  • SixthStreetSixthStreet Red Chipper Posts: 246 ✭✭
    Yes on turn first thought was play smaller pot. Knew giving free card. Will take what u said aboutt backwards thinking into account and work on it.
  • Rello242Rello242 Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 595 ✭✭
    Maybe it might just be me, but i really like to see a double barrel here against all those draws and pot control river in position here. If he ever leads the river im considering myself beat since i don't expect people to donk their miss draws that often, but there just is so much value in betting the turn for me. Plus if i ever check back the turn here then im almost always calling the river since i expect hands that floated here to try pick up the pot on the river.

I think my nature may be a bit aggressive :D but hey i rather make a betting mistake than a calling mistake.
    -Rello

"Its better to give than to receive, so bet more and call less"
    Check out my HUSNG Graph: Chips-Results
    Follow All the Action On My Blog: www.rello242.blogspot.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file