SB bets $4.15
Hero calls

Turn ($17.04) :7d:Qs:Td:Jd
SB bets $8.09
Hero calls

River ($33.22) :7d:Qs:Td:Jd:Js
SB all in $34.21
Hero ?

Villain has been some what aggro, recently cold 4 bet squeezing and folding to a 5 bet. Besides being aggro this was a great and bad turn for me as I do not block any flushes, :Ad:Qd , :Ad:Kd , :Kd:Qd are all possible. As well as some full houses QQ, JJ, TT, and chop with AK. Felt like a really disgusting spot to me. I felt ok stacking off on the turn, but river just puts me further behind his overall range. Still beat AA and KK.

I'll post spoiler later because I did end up calling it off.

Comments

• Michael WMichael W Red Chipper Posts: 135 ✭✭
    unless villain is complete retard, i struggle to find pure bluffs otr. now what does he value shove which we beat? :Ad J ?
  • MonadMonad Red Chipper Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭✭
  • Wiki_LeaksWiki_Leaks Red Chipper Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    If he has been aggro why didnt you 4bet pre?

Postflop

All of his flushes are still out there, AKdd AQdd, A2-A5dd, and potentially random suited connectors he decides to 3bet, plus his QQ and TT. He could have some hands you beat like AdQx, but this board smashes an EP open/call range, not to mention he should be giving you credit for a hand when you open EP and defend against a 3 against sb.

His flop and turn sizing does look bluffy though, i.e setting up the psb on the river. Do you have any bet sizing info on villain?
  • zampana1970zampana1970 Red Chipper Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I agree - pre 4 bet if he's shown 3betting light. As played I see the flop call, I struggle with the turn call and I'm folding the river. I think the best line for this hand, if you were committed to playing it and you were SURE V is rarely connecting on this flop, would have been to raise the flop and play the hand as a FD or 77 or TT set. I'm not sure what value you're finding in making this hand into a bluff-catcher on this board?
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wiki_Leaks wrote: »
    If he has been aggro why didnt you 4bet pre?

Postflop

All of his flushes are still out there, AKdd AQdd, A2-A5dd, and potentially random suited connectors he decides to 3bet, plus his QQ and TT. He could have some hands you beat like AdQx, but this board smashes an EP open/call range, not to mention he should be giving you credit for a hand when you open EP and defend against a 3 against sb.

His flop and turn sizing does look bluffy though, i.e setting up the psb on the river. Do you have any bet sizing info on villain?

Since he folds to 5 bet vs his cold 4 bet, he is playing a preflop game of trying to out aggro players. Meaning if I 4 bet he is likely to just fold. I decided to play IP and float some flops. I also prefer AKs but I don't get to decide that. AK out of position more likely to 4 bet. IP I don't mind taking some flops as long as im not playing for or fold.

I don't have any info really on his post flop sizing as a lot of players are just clicking the half pot button.

He played his "range" very well but his hand maybe not so much. I do have TT-QQ and AK in my range. I think we both could have flushes, full houses, and straights in our range. Just sucks not having any blockers to the flush. The hands i beat are AA Kk AQ chop AK I guess A10-AQ with the Ad I beat. More hands I beat than I thought initially but still a hard spot to call off vs a polarized bet.

With that said I dont like raising flop or turn without a diamond cause I could be drawing completely dead. Just making an hand vs an aggro player and holding on pretty much.
    villain had :5s:5c for a pure bluff. No blockers or anything, maybe just reppin range
  • zampana1970zampana1970 Red Chipper Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    FYI i totally misread the OP so my response is garbage - please disregard.
  • Wiki_LeaksWiki_Leaks Red Chipper Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    Yes he likely folds when we 4, but why is that a problem? We establish a dynamic woth him that were willing to fight back. Flatting here with a relatively low spr seems like youre making your life more difficult. I guess our strategies differ; im looking to go to war against an aggro player and trying to shut him down instead of bluffcatching and allowing him to realize equity, then guessing whether or not he got there when the board runs out dirty.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file