Is it normal?

Chris FChris F Red Chipper Posts: 112 ✭✭
Is it normal for every player at a 1/2 table to be very accurate hand readers? Everyone at my table was accurately calling everyones hands. I switched tables and everyone there was doing pretty good at that too.

I find it odd that every player at 1/2 has advanced hand reading skills...

Comments

• Wiki_LeaksWiki_Leaks Red Chipper Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    Do you play in a small player pool? If you play in a market with a small player pool the regs will all have a pretty good idea of each others strategies and is not necessarily indicitive of hand reading skill.
  • Chris FChris F Red Chipper Posts: 112 ✭✭
    Nope. Got 11 1/2 tables going right now
  • Chris FChris F Red Chipper Posts: 112 ✭✭
    Little less than an hour after I posted this an older guy at the table who was here from out of town made a comment that hes never seen people place others on hands so accurately.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they are bluffing and they are just saying yes, they had AK or whatever. I do it all the time. Squeeze a hand like 86s and tell them I had AK.

I know where I play im one of the few people who can correctly call down hands.
  • jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17
    In my experience they're just getting lucky. You will probably note that while you can sometimes put someone on a specific hand, the better the player is, the more he's going to use a range rather than just a specific hand. So just the fact that players are calling out specific hands probably implies that they're not very good players, and therefore not very good hand readers, in general.

I suppose one corollary to that might be that better players tend to play ranges of hands the same way, increasing their overall deception, while weaker players tend to play fewer hands the same way. So it could actually be that the weaker the players are, the more predictable they are. That would apply more to weak/passive type players, and less so to LAGgy spewy players.
  • bigburge10bigburge10 Red Chipper Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭
    Austin wrote: »
    Maybe they are bluffing and they are just saying yes, they had AK or whatever. I do it all the time. Squeeze a hand like 86s and tell them I had AK.

I know where I play im one of the few people who can correctly call down hands.

Exactly--I'm definitely a bluffer when it comes to this. I want them to be very confident in their reads---especially when they're wrong!