BTN calls

Flop ($5.25) :8s :9c :Jc
Hero ($10) bets $2.75
BTN calls

Turn ($10.75) :8s :9c :Jc :As
Hero ($7.25) ?

Comments

• In The DarkIn The Dark Red Chipper Posts: 122 ✭✭
    Check - call or shove. You're committed. A bit bigger flop bet makes this so much easier.
  • JustinJustin Red Chipper Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Check - call or shove. You're committed. A bit bigger flop bet makes this so much easier.

He's only get called by better hands if he shoves. Imo check call and re evaluate river. I also don't know if a bigger bet on the flop would've done much. V is continuing with a lot of hands even if the bet was bigger. This flop plays into V's range very well.
  • JoeOffsuitJoeOffsuit Red Chipper Posts: 279 ✭✭✭
    edited July 17
    IMO, just shove to make the draws either pay, or give up their equity. For the majority of the hands that are ahead of you on the turn, you have outs. Most of the hands that are beating you would have raised on this flop. Most of the single aces would have folded on this flop.
    edited July 17
    Justin wrote: »

He's only get called by better hands if he shoves. Imo check call and re evaluate river. I also don't know if a bigger bet on the flop would've done much. V is continuing with a lot of hands even if the bet was bigger. This flop plays into V's range very well.

SPR on the flop is 2. This is what overpairs love. Bet 1/3rd OTF then the rest.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭✭
    I set it up to make a nice turn shove. I think overall I'm ahead in equity vs overall range, but crushed by hands like A10, AcXc, and beating the other KJ, JT, T9, 76s, etc type hands.

How about preflop sizing? Ive been reading the 50bb tables should be opening 2x to 2.5x and 3 bets should be a max of 3x. So maye I can make a smaller 3 bet here to intice a weaker hand range to continue?

They open .75 i can raise to 1.75 to 2?

I think using smaller sizing I can manipulate the play similar to 100bb stacks in terms of SPR. However, the calling ranges I assume have to be much tighter preflop. Ill post a few more hands.
  • CASEY MCASEY M Red Chipper Posts: 27 ✭✭
    I think I'm jamming the flop. Especially with only 50bb. There aren't too many turns we love and a lot we hate. Lots of TP and some draws will come along.
    CASEY M wrote: »
    I think I'm jamming the flop. Especially with only 50bb. There aren't too many turns we love and a lot we hate. Lots of TP and some draws will come along.

2x pot ... Maybe They will come a long. Might be a good strat at 50bb tables since we can deny them their equity.

Nothing wrong with this. When 20% of your stack is already in PF your next bet is past commitment. If it was multi way I'd shove every time. HU .... it''s not quite as attractive.
  • MonadMonad Red Chipper Posts: 869 ✭✭✭
    What is your read of the usual/typical 25NL player @ these stakes/site? Answer that, then you will have an answer to your turn conundrum.
  • JustinJustin Red Chipper Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Austin wrote: »

2x pot ... Maybe They will come a long. Might be a good strat at 50bb tables since we can deny them their equity.

I like this
    50bb tables on ACR seem pretty damn loose. Based on what I read and what I've observed very few people are employeeing the correct strategy.

Most people are using the same bet sizing as if it was 100bb tables, including myself. After the recent downswing I studied 50bb approach a bit more and hopefully I can make the proper adjustments to my hand ranges and bet sizing.

I find myself to be a pretty solid player overall, but if I gave away 8 buyins really fast I'm sure others who are playing way too loose gave away a lot more.

I also know the vAriance will be higher since stacks are smaller, so you get more into a push fold mode on earlier streets. Similar to hyper turbos where the roi is smaller.
  • Wiki_LeaksWiki_Leaks Red Chipper Posts: 401 ✭✭✭
    I like a check shove on the flop. Notice how murky the waters are on many different turns. You are hoping for a 2-6, 8, T, Q no club? Normally an A is a better card for you, but many of his hands just made top pair+.

I would not decrease sizing because you will allow many different types of holdings to come along and you will be in very tricky spots. If you want to play 100bb poker then play 100bb poker.