RCP is great but even the best can be better. Some suggestions.

Chris FChris F Red Chipper Posts: 82 ✭✭
I love RCP. The amount of information, and the quality of the product is a steal for $50 a month.

That said, no matter how good something is I feel its best to continually strive for improvement. I had a few suggestions while walking around today.

1) Have two teams of of coaches. One team focus on live poker whereas the other focus on online. Each team would put out one video a week. While this would (at least at first) increase the cost it would draw more people in by expanding who your audience is while still catering to and pleasing both sides.

2) Have a store page where all coaches can place their books and other products for sale. Doug, Ed, Splitsuit, and others all have side products such as books and videos for sale but one must leave the site to find them. From a business standpoint its a good idea to try and keep people on the site for as long as possible. To expand on this, place sample chapters/videos of the products in the pro section and maybe even coupon codes as well. Not only does this increase sales for you guys but it gives your customers value as well.

3) Speaking of coaches... many of the RCP coaches here do private 1 on 1 coaching but potential customers must leave RCP to find this out. A coaching page found in the PRO Dashboard listing all coaches, what they teach, and their prices would be valuable. RCP could even take a small booking fee for sending traffic to the coaches. The coaches make money, RCP makes money, and customers again get value.

4) From a beginners perspective it would be useful to be able to sort out all the videos, articles, and podcast by "Preflop" "Postflop" etc.

5) Have free interactive quizzes available to members and non-members alike. Each 10 or so question quiz would be on a certain topic. After the end of the quiz the student could see what answers were wrong and be automatically linked to various PRO Videos that address that topic. Seems like a great way to increase memberships and to help direct current members to answers they need.

6) Reach out to other training places like AdvancedPokerTraining and S4Y and partner up. All parties involved can set up referral codes and give discounts to one another. This is a great way for everyone to increase their subscribers. For Example: If APT gave all red chippers a 10% monthly discount or so I would be more inclined to sign up. I'm sure if RCP gave some sort of benefit to APT members they would also be inclined to sign up here. Win/win.

7) A small but cool idea: A weekly topic. Every week choose a different topic and make a sticky on the forum. Lets say the topic is Barreling. Post links to all the videos, podcast, and articles in the thread along with some questions that would generate discussion. Would be cool to read about everyone perspectives and experience on the topics. Would also likely generate signups from people wanting to know what the heck we're all talking about.

8) Something that I don't think exist but would be really awesome is a program where you could do group coaching. Picture something like APT but where the coach can control all the bots himself as well as control the cards that the student(s) get. The Coach could put the student(s) in any kind of situations he wants and see how they react because they can control exactly what the bots do, what cards everyone gets, what comes on the flop, etc. Many newer people may not be able to afford $200/hr for coaching and many coaches can't offer it any cheaper because they would be losing money. With this program though you could put up to nine students on a table at the same time and charge something like $50/hr per student. The students get great group coaching at a great price and the coach gets to make much more per hour. I'm not a programmer but I'm sure this could be made for a decent price and I know I would be one of the first to sign up.

9) Have a virtual suggestion box. We have a lot of smart members here and if given the opportunity I'm betting many of them would express some cool ideas they have.

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,495 -
    Thank you so much for taking the time Chris.

We'll review this all internally and see what we can implement. It's a long list, but I'm sure at least some of these things can be used sooner than later =)
    Check out my latest course - The Hand Reading Lab