SB checks
Hero ($11.75) bets $1.25
SB check raises to $3.75
Hero ?

$2.50 to win $6.75 (2.7 to 1)

Comments

• Michael WMichael W Red Chipper Posts: 81 ✭✭
    edited July 17
    would be good to know how many Ahxh are in SB flatting/3betting range vs you.

the only option to continue here is call obv as you are only ahead of weaker fd and wb vs the rest
  • NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 873 ✭✭✭✭
    When playing these short stack tables you should be tightening up your opens considerably, even on the button. I'm folding this pre. Once we get to this flop, we should be checking. This flop smashes the callers range and we are putting ourselves into a tough spot unnecessarily by betting here.
  • snafusnafu Red Chipper Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Yikes. I don't mean to derail the thread but I didn't realize they even had 50bb max tables. Seems like the complete opposite direction online should be taking.

That said, +1 to Ninja's comment above.
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will just add to Ninjah's commentary that you must be expecting a very high successful steal percentage or cbet success to dip into this portion of the deck at 50 bbs. You've always been very aggressive, naturally, but is it always calculated? Does it need to be?
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭✭
    persuadeo wrote: »
    I will just add to Ninjah's commentary that you must be expecting a very high successful steal percentage or cbet success to dip into this portion of the deck at 50 bbs. You've always been very aggressive, naturally, but is it always calculated? Does it need to be?

These were some of the trouble hands on a 8bi downswing I had before I studied. Given 100bb stacks I think it would be fine, but once I researched the basic preflop strategy none of these 98o or K2s were in the range. Actualy k5s was, but suppose to be open for 2x. Inflating the pot just burns money and turns into bingo.