Multiway pot with J6s $0.5/1

StrainJPStrainJP Red Chipper Posts: 12 ✭✭
Playing in a home game with a strange structure. Initial buy in is capped at $20. After you are down to less than $5, you can buy in for whatever you want up to $100.

UTG ($25) call maniac
UTG +1 ($12) fold
MP ($48.5) call TAG preflop, weak postflop.
HJ ($9.5) call FISH, just lost $80 to SB on middle pair, K kicker to opponents flopped flush
CU ($20) fold
BU ($80) call LAG, fairly solid player
SB ($100) call OMC, nitty
BB (hero) $75 checks. table probably thinks I'm a bit LAG, but I have been playing fairly tight for past few orbits

Hero dealt :Jh :6h
Pot $6
Flop: :Jd :4s :6d

SB bets $2
I elect to call with two pair thinking that one of the other players will raise.
UTG+1, folds. MP raises to $6. HJ all in for $8.50. Button raises to $28.50. While I am thinking, MP has already cut out his calling chips (don't know why he wouldn't go all in, could he be on a draw?) and is clearly going to call.

Question: When playing against multiple opponents in a limped pot with varied ranges, how do you put together all the possible combos out there? I certainly can be up against some sets, but I figure that about half the deck on turn and river beat me. Can I find a fold here?

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭✭
    LOL why would you think about folding? Cause of their equity with their draws?

That's like folding AA preflop cause
    Utg all in
    Utg1 all in
    Utg2 all in
    Mp1 all in
    HJ all in
    Co all in
    Btn all in
    Sb all in
    BB hero AA ... Well I guess they will crack me so I fold.
    You have 1 move. All in and scoop the pot. There is already $50+ in the pot. Also if you didn't want that to happen you should have raised the SB donk bet. You waited for a player to raise behind you, then you got scared and wanted to fold?
  • StrainJPStrainJP Red Chipper Posts: 12 ✭✭
    So, I fist pump pushed all in. Both remaining villains call and everyone turns over:

MP: 57dd
    HJ: Ah6c
    Button: 46o

At this point I groan, but still think I am way ahead. Of course turn is a 4 and button takes the pot. My buddy puts the hands into poker cruncher and I was only 36% to win. With all the money in, i think it is still a shove, but much closer than I thought. When I put the hand in to pokersnowie, Snowie recommended folding.

I guess my question is, in a limped pot with such a range of hands that multiple villains are holding, should I have considered folding top two when it goes bet, raise, re-raise? The field's potential range has so many bad cards for me.

In the end I think it was a cooler, but putting the hand in Snowie messed with my mind.
    StrainJP wrote: »
    So, I fist pump pushed all in. Both remaining villains call and everyone turns over:

MP: 57dd
    HJ: Ah6c
    Button: 46o

At this point I groan, but still think I am way ahead. Of course turn is a 4 and button takes the pot. My buddy puts the hands into poker cruncher and I was only 36% to win. With all the money in, i think it is still a shove, but much closer than I thought. When I put the hand in to pokersnowie, Snowie recommended folding.

I guess my question is, in a limped pot with such a range of hands that multiple villains are holding, should I have considered folding top two when it goes bet, raise, re-raise? The field's potential range has so many bad cards for me.

In the end I think it was a cooler, but putting the hand in Snowie messed with my mind.

if snowie says this is a fold you should delete it from your computer.

57dd is going to have a lot of equity, but if you have 3 or 4 way all in and you are 36% that is good.
    edited July 19
    jwadt5d8xz6k.png

If someone else has a higher flush draw, the equity drops a lot for the 57dd

wm6hcrcfjfib.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file