Milwaukee / WI / Potawatomi

moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭✭
I posted in the Chicago group, but I'm also checking to see if anyone plays at Potawatomi in Milwaukee (or at Ho Chunk in Madison or Oneida in Green Bay).

Comments

• Andre PAndre P Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
    I posted in the Chicago too; I only get to Poto maybe once a month, but I know the room a little bit. I know there's gotta be some Chippers who get up that way, hopefully they'll chime in here. You on CrushLive too, Moishe? Your screen name seems familiar, maybe it's just from this site though.
  • moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭✭
    No, @Andre P. Just live. If you know that you're headed to Poto one time, let me know!
  • RoblivionRoblivion WisconsinRed Chipper Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
    Hey, I play at Poto too. I usually get there once a week or so. Anyone playing the upcoming MSPT event?
    I won't be. But, good luck!!
  • Keith BrandtKeith Brandt Red Chipper Posts: 13 ✭✭
    I've been playing the cash tournaments on Sundays. Planning to be there this Sunday. Won't be there the following week though because I'll be in Vegas.
    I haven't played one of those yet. I've been meaning to get to one, but Sundays seem to be tough.
  • Anthony BaumeisterAnthony Baumeister Red Chipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
    I did the Tuesday tournament last week before the 4th, it had 33 entrants and paid 4 places, the levels are 15 min and they skip lots of levels, so the blinds go up quick as quick, not much room for poker.
    Yeah, I've been avoiding those like the plague. The Sunday ones have a decent structure though.
    This Saturday I won a certificate for the MSPT Main Event coming this weekend. I plan to use it Friday night.

Good luck! I'm playing on Friday, too.
    Good luck to you too! I'll be the guy wearing a CaseIH baseball cap.
    Good to meet you last night Roblivion! I made it to Sunday, though I'm short at 75K. I'd better get busy. How'd it go for you? When things were getting late and I was getting really short, I got a sick triple-up with ATs that won the main pot as Ace-high. Yeah, you read that right.

PBF_Prodigy, did you play? How'd it go for you?
    Awesome, @Keith Brandt. Good luck today. My showing... did not go as well. I punted off 30 BB just before the second break. Real dumb stuff.

@PBF_Prodigy, are you in the area also, or were you considering traveling?
    I only lasted 40 minutes this morning. My plan with the 15bb stack and only about 75% of the average or less was to either double up or go home early. My best chance came on the third hand with AKo UTG. I shoved, the biggest stack called, but he had AKs and we chopped. I decided to try for it with 13bb with T9o into a 3bb lead from the guy two seats to my left. He had played about 75% of hands up to that point, so this looked like a great chance to plus up by about 5bb. I thought this would be a Nash equilibrium shove with no prior action. I felt with my read on him that this was profitable. But he called, tabled KJs, and sent me to the blackjack pit.
    You'll get 'em next time, PBF_Prodigy...
    Made about $900 playing cash anyway.
    "Bromantic trip"... That's awesome! I'm stealing that!

The next MSPT event at Potawatomie is November 10-18. That conflicts with the opening weekend of the Wisconsin firearm deer hunting season. I only plan to go if my dad goes and that depends on how he's feeling. So we'll see.

WSOP is having their circuit event at Potawatomie January 31 - February 11. The super satellites are formatted like an online hyper turbo, so I'm not sure I'll try any of those again... Oh, who the hell am I kidding? Of course I will!
    Keep this thread going next time any of y'all are at Poto. I'd be glad to try to get down there to meet you!
    Heck yeah! RCP Poto meet-up!
    Planning to be at Poto for weekly cash tournament Sunday. PBF Prodigy thank you for the offer we'll talk as the time gets closer.
    Not today. I'm usually there on a weekday - Wednesday or Monday, 6-10 PM or so.
    Things went poorly. Very first open with a hand near the bottom of the open range I was on got 3-bet by V to my immediate left. Since I very seldom to never flat 3-bets OOP and the hand wasn't good enough to 4-bet, I had to fold. Things only went downhill from there. Tried to lite 3-bet loose opener to my immediate right and same V as before 4-bet shoved on me. He wasn't picking on the loose guy to my right or anyone else, just me. He did let me get a couple bets through later and I recovered my lost chips, but then I got sent to rebuy with JJ overpair on flop vs. 4-card flush draw QJ. He opened on flop, I shoved because 2x raise would have committed us anyway and I thought based on preflop action that his range was capped. He called and turned his queen. Probably dumb on my part, but he did cap his range preflop and flop was dynamic.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file