what should i do in this kind of spots ?

Igor MIgor M Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
so long story short: math vs ranges.
yesterday i find myself in wierd/common situation when i probably did a mistake.
i was given good prize for calling 2 all in but i know for sure that im behind with my JTo against their ranges. Should i take math or fold ?
Please help me coz i think im missing this spots a lot :(

Best Answer

Answers

• moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    More details about the specific hand (pot, stack sizes, betting/raises, etc.) would be helpful.

If you're talking about two people being all-in pre-flop with you holding JTo, it's hard for me to imagine any scenario where math or ranges suggests a call.
  • Igor MIgor M Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
    pot/SS/betting and raises isnt relavent that much. take it as a general.

but fine: pre late stage. i'm on BB with 40bbs, MP2 open push 11 bbs, folds to CO, he called 9bbs and folds to us.
  • Igor MIgor M Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
    wow, alright, now i understand. thank you so much for analyzis )
  • MidnightFoxMidnightFox Red Chipper Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Igor M wrote: »
    pot/SS/betting and raises isnt relavent that much. take it as a general.

but fine: pre late stage. i'm on BB with 40bbs, MP2 open push 11 bbs, folds to CO, he called 9bbs and folds to us.

Wow, okay. Yeah that is very different from what I am used to in cash games, but this comes up with some very short stacks occasionally.
    So lets take a shoving range of 32.4% and a calling range for the CO of 19.6%
    6d2nainm3pqo.jpg
    We're better, but surprisingly, not by much. Still need a great price--in this case, 25.8%--3:1.
    And yes, it is still my favorite hand regardless ^_^.
    :Jd:Tc
  • moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd fold and wait for a better spot.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file