Strategy thoughts on 5-5 uncapped game with antes

rexusrexus Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
Hey guys, I'm playing in a full ring 5-5 uncapped game with antes. Do you have any thoughts on how antes could impact normal NLHE strategy? Thanks Pilot

Comments

• bigburge10bigburge10 Red Chipper Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭✭
    How much is the ante?

I've never played in a cash game with antes, but I suspect the opening sizes will need to be much larger. Also, from a general mindset perspective, I think player's ranges may get a little wider since they may feel like they need to defend their ante.
  • rexusrexus Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
    The antes are also 5. So it's a 5-5 uncapped game with 5 dollar antes.
    So you'll have something like 45-50 in ante, plus 10 from the blinds = $60. I would imagine the opening sizes are going to be quite large--maybe around $100-150 or more. So, considering that, what are you buying in for? $5-10k?
  • Ryan URyan U Red Chipper Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Watched this format on LATB and it seemed like the standard open was $65-$75, and play was much more loose than usual if that's even possible
    I think the nature of the game being uncapped, assuming players buy in for amounts that allow the game to play very deep, the play will become very loose.
  • rexusrexus Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
    I'm planning on buying in for 1k and create low SPR pot opportunities with the antes. The antes and dead money would also give the BB more incentive to defend, close the action and see a flop. Each orbit will cost 60$ to participate so I think ranges might have to open up a bit, especially in position. I also think people who already call too much with too wide a range will now have an extra reason to call with the $60 in antes in the pot.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file