Playing cheap MTTs to even out shots expensive MTTs? (BRM)

LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in General Concepts
Suppose I adhere to the 100 buy-in rule on online MTTs, and my BR is $100.
Is it advisable/inadvisable to play a $1,50 MTT for every $0,50 MTT I play? I'd still spend $2 on 2 MTTs... $1 per buy-in on average.

Best Answer

Answers

• snafusnafu Red Chipper Posts: 56 ✭✭
    I don't understand euro commas in money and I'm too lazy to Google. Are you asking if it's okay to play a One Dollar and Fifty Cent MTT for every 50 cent MTT? I don't see why not as like you said, you're still paying One Dollar on average per MTT in this scenario.
  • LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, just making sure there are no pitfalls with this approach
  • Charming49Charming49 Red Chipper Posts: 1 ✭✭
    I do it all the time on ACR. I stick to the 100 BI rule and usually play from 6-10$ Buy ins with shots at $15 and $20. I multi table 8-12 MTTs at a time so I include the smaller buy in tournaments like $1-$5. When you are playing that many events at a time you tend to focus on your play, the other players, and not on one single event, including the higher buy ins. I think it is a good way to spread the out the risk while maintaining good volume. One last thing, if you don't use a HUD, then I would look into getting one. Holdem Manager 3 does just fine for me. But there are many others out there. Just my 2 cents. Good Luck! :spade:diamond:club:heart
  • MnpokerMnpoker Red Chipper Posts: 199 ✭✭
    What are the field sizes and what % do they pay? What is the skill difference? Do people actually play poker? In the past when I played this low I found the people don't care about the money so it becomes a shove fest with any two. If my BR was $100 I would look at playing $0,50 and when I got to $105 I would take a shot a $5 where it will become a little less of a shove fest and I would just repeat this cycle until you cash in the $5. Then I would move to $1 until I hit $150 and take a shot at $10, repeat. I'm trying to build to the point that I can play $10-$20 as my standard play. at $10 and for sure at $20 you are looking at real poker being played (still a few shove maniacs but much fewer) and you can learn and work your way up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file