Aces vs XX

Joshua KJoshua K Red Chipper Posts: 82 ✭✭
Game Type: $1-1-2 ($4 to open)
9 players seated

Hero has :Ad :Ac in SB with $198

Action:
Folds to UTG+2 (Villain) opens for $4 (Stack $220)
(Villain is a spewy type player and will pay off players with second pair or top pair weak kicker)
Everyone folds to me in the SB, Hero raises to $16
BB folds, Villain calls

Flop: :8h :7d :3s
Pot: $27 ($32-$4 rake-$1 collection for jackpot)

Hero bets $24
Villain calls
(At this point, I have villain on 8x, 7x, 3x hand, because I have seen him raise with draws and two pairs in previous hands. I don't put him on 88 or 77 because he typically does not limp with pocket pairs. I have not seen him raise with any pair under 77s, so 33 is possible.)

Turn: :4h
Pot: $75

Hero leads out to $100
(I lead out here because Villain has shown interest in the pot. I have seen him call just about any pair with large leads in a couple other pots. I also wanted to attempt to make my hand seem like a bluff or maybe a small under pair trying to get him off his hand)

Villain tanks for about a minute and shoves.
I call

How was my line?

I will post results later.

Comments

• NYCRyNYCRy Red Chipper Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Joshua K wrote: »
    (Villain is a spewy type player and will pay off players with second pair or top pair weak kicker)

If this is the case I would definitely raise his flop bet. And unless you've seen him raise/fold a lot pre I would 3 bet pre

• bigburge10bigburge10 Red Chipper Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭✭
    Ryan A wrote: »

If this is the case I would definitely raise his flop bet. And unless you've seen him raise/fold a lot pre I would 3 bet pre

What hand are you looking at Ryan? :-)
  • DeezNutsDeezNuts Red Chipper Posts: 122 ✭✭
    edited July 2017

Did u read it backwards or something?
    How can hero raise flop bet when hero was the one who lead out?
    I like hero's line, all analysis and reasoning to each street makes sense. If V ends up stacking hero here so be it. Seems to me V is the type of player that makes a game juicy.
  • Joshua KJoshua K Red Chipper Posts: 82 ✭✭
    River: :Js

Villain announces "I think I got there on the river..." Flipping over

:Jc :8d

• NYCRyNYCRy Red Chipper Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    bigburge10 wrote: »

What hand are you looking at Ryan? :-)

Eek. Read it wrong, sorry. I think you played it fine. Stacks not deep enough to consider folding
  • DeezNutsDeezNuts Red Chipper Posts: 122 ✭✭
    River: :Js

Villain announces "I think I got there on the river..." Flipping over

:Jc :8d

just a cooler. played it fine

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file