Save up or play as you go?

last4everlast4ever Red Chipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
I'm thinking of playing a little more serious starting at 1/3 nlh, and treat it more like a part time job. The problem is right now I have one buy-in, and I can comfortably come up with two buy-ins a month, and which losing won't have an effect on expenses etc.. I know the short term variance can be a b****, so I can ride it out 2 buy-ins at a time, or save up for 6 months to have a proper part time stake.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• eugeniusjreugeniusjr Red Chipper Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    Start now. Get the experience now, study, learn. You may riu from here.
  • Zero CoolZero Cool Red Chipper Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    I say get around 4-6 buy-ins before you start that way you won't worry about losing one and not being able to play for a month. Just make sure to use the time between now and then to study.
  • CarrieCarrie Red Chipper Posts: 71 ✭✭
    If you can tuck aside $1800 in three months, I would wait until you have that cushion to play. (by the way, congrats on being able to set aside that kind of money). And I'd consider buying in for less than the full buy in if this is your first time at live cash. You can always add more money on the table if you feel comfortable doing so. You don't want to be playing with scared money, which I think you would be if you knew that I'd you busted out you couldn't play again until your bankroll replenished.

I agree you should study study study in the meantime. What's your experience with NLHE so far?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file