A good attemp to steal

Joshua BJoshua B Red Chipper Posts: 127 ✭✭
This is a hand discussion over facebook after a recent tournament. Want to get your thoughts.

No information on V. Hero has apparently always had the goods when all in. Hero isnt me, story is 2nd information.

Final table, top 6. Hero with roughly 6 bb. V approx 20bb in either early to mid position min raises to 2bb. Hero shove AhTh and V calls with 9dTd.

These guys are saying it was a donkey play to call by V. I ran equity cal and was a profitable call and now they are saying he shouldn't raise with 9Ts in the first place.

I know that i would be raising mid position with 9ts top 6 with 20bb. My question is would you?

Comments

• tripletiretripletire Red Chipper Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    It seriously depends on the stack sizes. If everyone behind you has 5-10 bbs, and you have 3 to act, you should be open shoving this hand. If everyone behind you has 20+ bb and there's one guy with 6, you should be min raising basically every time, and very very easily calling off the 6 bb reshove.
  • Joshua BJoshua B Red Chipper Posts: 127 ✭✭
    Hey. Thanks for the reply. Apparently V was second in chips with everyone else with between 6 and 15 bb.
  • tripletiretripletire Red Chipper Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    I think it's a fine steal, raise/fold to any of the 15 bb shoves, but a call off vs any ~8 and under. I don't know what the magic number is without running equity but a strong guess would be that we have a profitable call off vs any 9 bb standardly tightish shoving range

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file