Flop Falcon on Linux

Chris SChris S Red Chipper Posts: 60 ✭✭
@Doug Hull - I haven't bought the software yet but it seems like it's Windows only. Would it be possible to compile a version for Linux? If it's a lot of work to set it up then it's not a big deal and I can run the software in a Windows VM (or use WINE) but I figured I'd ask.
Tagged:

Comments

• Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,876 -
    I am working on compiling to Mac right now. I expect it to go well. The big deal is I need a machine of each OS I want to deploy to. Linux is really low on the priority list, but once cross compatibility on Mac is solved, I suspect Linux comes along for free.

I just got to find a linux box...
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey can we beta test ? I'm on MAC. I will surely buy the MAC version.
  • Chris SChris S Red Chipper Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Thanks for the response. That's good to hear that you are working on Mac support as I also have a Mac laptop so I can just use that instead to install Flop Falcon.

Also I certainly understand that Linux is low priority as I am probably the only person asking for it :) But I figured I'd ask since it's a free operating system so if you did want to build a version on it in the future you could probably just load up a copy in a VM on your existing machine and avoid having to spend money on a dedicated machine.
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,876 -
    Hey can we beta test ? I'm on MAC. I will surely buy the MAC version.

There won't be much of a beta test. It either will compile on a Mac or not. Since it is built on platform-independent MATLAB, the port is mostly dealing with OS specific issues like filenames are case sensitive. I was playing fast and loose with the filenames of images in the code. That has been a pain.

Some of the utilities I use are Windows based, so I need to find equivalents in Mac. Overall, I just need to dedicate some time to the port. Being one of the few Mac friendly poker software packages will be encouraging. If I have enough sales, I have lots of other software ideas.

Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • derdonkerderdonker San Jose, CA USARed Chipper Posts: 125 ✭✭
    @Doug Hull I'm on mac. I have windows and linux in VMs. I've beefed-up the RAM on my machines. I'm available as a tester. I'm also a s/w engineer.
  • Chris SChris S Red Chipper Posts: 60 ✭✭
    I just purchased Flop Falcon today but no luck getting it to work with WINE. I could probably play around with the settings and get it to work but I figure it will just be easier to run it in a Windows VM so I'll do that until the Mac OS version is ready.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file