getting value from nut flush oop

CASEY MCASEY M Red Chipper Posts: 168 ✭✭
edited August 2017 in Tournament Poker Hands
Midway through a 50k guaranteed
Hero has been very active and has yet to come up against any resistance.
Hero has 45-50bb

Hero is UTG with :Ad:Qd and opens to 3bb
LJ calls
BU calls
pot is 12bb

Dream flop
:Jd:8d:4d

Id been cbetting a lot and scooping pots from EP and LP with no resistance. I decided to check here because the table had been folding a lot to me. I think this looks very suspicious.

Other 2 players check as well.

Turn :Jc

Best line here? Should I check again or start building the pot?

As played, Hero checked.

LJ bet 10bb

BU folds

Hero calls. Im thinking if the LJ has a boat im probably going broke but I also think any set or 2 pair would have bet the flop.

River :5s
pot is 32 bb
hero has 35ishbb
V covers Hero

Best play?

Comments

• Karl AKarl A Red Chipper Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Personal opinion and I ain't no expert but V limped in pre-flop, making way towards the flop V has position over H, flop he checks when in middle position of the 3 remaining, so automatically tells me he wouldn't of had top pair (JJ), 8 4 remaining, Onto the turn, He finally raises 10BB but with what? I automatically rule out Jacks simply due to him checking the flop, and it's quite a big bet for someone trying to get more chips in the stack, so I'm assuming he's attempting to steal with possibly a pair. On the turn, I'd personally attempt to be the initial aggressor on the river, this will put more pressure on him and he make a stupid decision so I'd do a half pot bet but remain the aggressor on the river.

I'm no expert nor am I great as I only started to study poker myself but I hope my input has some value to it.
  • bigburge10bigburge10 Red Chipper Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭
    CASEY M wrote: »
    I decided to check here because the table had been folding a lot to me. I think this looks very suspicious.
    Think about your range here--how many of your hands have good equity on this board? Checking isn't too suspicious.

• CASEY MCASEY M Red Chipper Posts: 168 ✭✭
    Youre right, Bburge. I wasnt really thinking about my range here. I was focused on my image and that Id been getting pretty aggro and cbetting nearly 100%

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file