[5.50 MTT] 1010 Late fase / 23bb stack

TuffTuff Red Chipper Posts: 148 ✭✭
edited August 2017 in Tournament Poker Hands
Hi redchippers,

Any comments / thoughts about this hand? We have 3 tables left, aprox. 7 off the money/

No Limit Holdem Tournament
PartyPoker
7 Players
Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter

Stacks:
UTG (183k) 61bb
UTG+1 (30k) 10bb
MP Hero (70k) 23bb
CO (191k) 64bb
BTN (61k) 20bb / VPIP: 51, PFR: 18, 3B: 0, AF: 2,8, Hands: 39
SB (30k) 10bb
BB (108k) 36bb

Blinds: 1.5k/3k Ante 300

Pre-Flop: (6.6k, 7 players) Hero is MP :th: :ts:
2 folds, Hero raises to 6k, 1 fold, BTN calls 6k, 2 folds
Flop: :9C::TD: : :3H: : (19k, 2 players)

Hero bets 6.1k, BTN raises to 22k, Hero calls 15k

Turn: :8c: (62k, 2)

Hero checks, BTN goes all-in 33k, Hero calls 33k River: :ac: (127k, 2), 1 all-in

1. Opensize is only 2x because stacks getting shorter and bb has 100% FoldToSteal.
Any reasons to just ship it all in with 23bb?
2. We hit topset and we bet smallish because the btn is a fish (stats wise) and he can call a bet with overcards. Now he raise our bet very big. Think just calling is fine if he plays 99/33/JJ/QQ/AK we are way ahead.

Potodds are 25% at that moment. If he rase with QJ or 78 he has 18% chance so he gave himself a bad price for the turncard.

Now the turn is an 8 and this card confuses me. Should we bet of check/call? I think this card is a scarecard for me but also for him. If we jam we only get a call from JQ and 33/99 and those will bet himself. To keep his bluffing in the hand i decide to check/call..
My SSD is faster then your HDD ---

Comments

• CASEY MCASEY M Red Chipper Posts: 168 ✭✭
    Im not sure if I would be flatting his flop raise. If the stacks were bigger I think thats a fine play. When I have top set with less than 30bb and im getting action on the flop Im shoving it in a lot of the time.
    When we call and leave ourselves with .5 spr we're getting the rest in on any turn card.
    I might be a bit too aggressive but I think 3betting the flop is the play with this stack size
  • tripletiretripletire Red Chipper Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    CASEY M wrote: »
    Im not sure if I would be flatting his flop raise. If the stacks were bigger I think thats a fine play. When I have top set with less than 30bb and im getting action on the flop Im shoving it in a lot of the time.
    When we call and leave ourselves with .5 spr we're getting the rest in on any turn card.
    I might be a bit too aggressive but I think 3betting the flop is the play with this stack size

Why is raising the best play in your opinion? You didn't specify
  • TuffTuff Red Chipper Posts: 148 ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    CASEY M wrote: »

... 2 more streets to come so we have a lot off options get it in later (Turn).
    My SSD is faster then your HDD ---
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree with 3 betting the flop as ranges are wider preflop given hero only opened 2x. I personally like to do some random amounts up to 2.5x. Usually i'll do something like $6,666 or $7,777, but 2x is fine depending on table dynamics.

reason I am 3 betting flop is because if he does have a hand like A9s he may be putting you on a draw such as KJ or QJ and trying to price you out. Also raising and by you checking the turn is giving him a free card. Over half the stacks are already in, so i'm just putting it in.

On the turn I may just donk ship to avoid a couple of bad rivers such as 7x, or Qx on a T98xQ or T987 run out.
  • CASEY MCASEY M Red Chipper Posts: 168 ✭✭
    Ok here are my reasons for 3betting the flop...

I think there are a lot of turns that will shutdown action from our villain. TP hands will turn into bluff catchers and missed draws will only dump it in if they get there. All 2pair hands and draws and sets and TP will probably get it in on the flop when their equity is highest.

Also I don't think a lot of players at this level who raise the flop are doing so as a total bluff so I think we can get them to commit when we raise.

I played a lot pre Bblack Friday and I know the game has progressed a lot.
    Moreover, with 14bb and a 30ishbb pot on the turn with top set we're jamming a lot anyways right? Id hate to donk ship this turn with a 1/2 pot bet and Id hate to check it and risk another free card.

So that's why I prefer 3betting the flop.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file