Poker After Dark

kytmagickytmagic Red Chipper Posts: 204 ✭✭
Did anyone catch the first episode?!

Comments

• bigburge10bigburge10 Red Chipper Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah! Really excited it's back. Production was lackluster though.
  • keith ckeith c Red Chipper Posts: 142 ✭✭
    I got a play by play from a friend while I played last night sounded awesome. I'm glad Dwan is back.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    Seeing how much older Durrrr looks really made me look in the mirror and realize that I've aged the same amount of years lol.
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
    I liked Negreanu's comments about Dwan---something along the lines of "when Dwan was younger he almost never had it. Now that he's older, he always has it."
  • zampana1970zampana1970 Red Chipper Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    Where is it airing - TV or that poker video site?
  • Jeffrey OJeffrey O Red Chipper Posts: 38 ✭✭
    I think its only on Poker Go... How about the AA vs KK vs QQ.... so sick
  • mdw72mdw72 Red Chipper Posts: 141 ✭✭
    Is the woman at the table cross eyed? She looks like she has some crazy looking eyes under that cap? Tough bet on top two.
    mdw72 wrote: »
    Is the woman at the table cross eyed? She looks like she has some crazy looking eyes under that cap? Tough bet on top two.

She said she had a headache and took 4 Tylenol. It's debatable what those pills really were. She definitely has some strange quirks.

• kytmagickytmagic Red Chipper Posts: 204 ✭✭
    Pretty sure it's just a tic she has.
  • tfaziotfazio Red Chipper Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    Wow, you guys are tough on women.
    Does watching PAD and a bunch of other PokerGo content count as study time?
    Does watching PAD and a bunch of other PokerGo content count as study time?

Depends on how you watch. If you can pause and think about what you're seeing, then I would say yes.
    Speaking of study, me and Soto did a session the other day where I screenshared the poker robots at ATP and we booted up a tournament and I would talk through my decision in each spot and he would either confirm or challenge my thinking. Way better experience than classic hand review because we're both deeply engaged, I'm having to think and explain myself, sometimes argue spots, draw out info on him, get deeper explanations, etc. Holy crap prob one of the best coaching sessions I've ever done. Highly recommend that model.
    Speaking of study, me and Soto did a session the other day where I screenshared the poker robots at ATP and we booted up a tournament and I would talk through my decision in each spot and he would either confirm or challenge my thinking. Way better experience than classic hand review because we're both deeply engaged, I'm having to think and explain myself, sometimes argue spots, draw out info on him, get deeper explanations, etc. Holy crap prob one of the best coaching sessions I've ever done. Highly recommend that model.

That sounds really cool.
    Is it just me or is the sound on this Poker After Dark ridiculously quiet?
  • mdw72mdw72 Red Chipper Posts: 141 ✭✭
    Just to prove I am not only tough on women. Andrew Robl is a pretty quirky guy as well and seems trying really hard to be funny. Its been years ago but I sat next to JRB at the Venetian and he stunk bad! I mean bad B.O. It was a 2-5 game and he was waiting for a 5-10. Never got involved with him in a hand just had to sit there and smell him until someone busted out of a 5-10. I'm glad the show is back but I wish the line up was different. Dwan back is cool but I wish there were some other big names in there and maybe just Roberts or Klein but not both. No matter I am just happy there is some watchable poker back out there.
    Is it just me or is the sound on this Poker After Dark ridiculously quiet?

You aren't crazy--it's barely audible.
    Yeah the technical in the beginning has been rough. Hopefully they get it sorted. I love that they're showing every second of the game.

Is there a link somewhere to Tom Dwan's disappearance story - I wondered where he'd gone but feel like there's more to the story.
  • JonasJonas Red Chipper Posts: 160 ✭✭
    Yeah the technical in the beginning has been rough. Hopefully they get it sorted. I love that they're showing every second of the game.

Is there a link somewhere to Tom Dwan's disappearance story - I wondered where he'd gone but feel like there's more to the story.

I was watching some stuff about him playing in the Philippines for a while. Apparently poker is pretty good there nowadays.

Cost of living is super low too. Hrmm....
  • No_LongerNo_Longer Red Chipper Posts: 275 ✭✭
    Dwan really is a beast. Been going back and watching a lot of "<player> gets durrr'd" moments and his aggression is unmatched.

Brunson sat out on day three because he wasn't comfortable.
  • Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭✭
    Nathan S wrote: »

Source ?
    Dwan really is a beast. Been going back and watching a lot of "<player> gets durrr'd" moments and his aggression is unmatched.

Not to take away from the fact that he's a super talented player, but things tend to lean in his favor. I think he flops a pair about 99% of the time.

• No_LongerNo_Longer Red Chipper Posts: 275 ✭✭

Source ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file