Flatting vs Shove <10 BB on the bubble

Jeffrey OJeffrey O Red Chipper Posts: 38 ✭✭
Howdy Folks, I appreciate your input

Tournament info
$60 +$20 add on 192 entrants, 25 places pay
5k/10k, 1k

I'm on the BU, 8 handed, playing hand of hand on the bubble

-UTG +1 limps (His range is wide open. Has been play 67o and AKs the same)
-MP2 raises 20k (He's nitty and can be TAG at times, ranged him at 66+ AJs+, he's also less than 10bb and his min 20k raise is at least 30% of his stack)
-BU (Me) 10's. I shove 80kish
Folds around to MP2, calls turns over AJo (I was close on my read)
-flop: dry rainbow
-turn: J
-river: rag
I'm out...

My question is; w/ SB, BB & UTG+1 left to act. Would anyone have flat called the 20k from MP2 to see what happens and look to pick up more chips or additional action. There was nothing higher than an 8 on the flop. In a perfect world and no one re-raises, I have a flop I can shove against and possible pick up the pot or be up against an 8x, Ax type hand.

Player info:
-SB- large stack, reg, good player, floats between TAG and LAG. Often c-bets if he opens and plays good cards, unless there's pot odds. I've seen him call with trash getting 5:1 trying to get lucky, he could try and squeeze but not likely w/ BB left to act.
-BB-never seen him before, good sized stack, newer to the table, won a few hands but didn't show anything. would assume he's playing premium cards only if he's going to raise in the BB
-UTG+1, reg, LAG, might just get his chips in the middle for the fun of it, kind of an unknown and can wake up with really good hands but is know to play anything pre-flop. He also has MP2 and myself covered

Comments

• NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭✭
    ICM wise I believe this would be a fold but I don't think a min cash in a low buy-in tourney is meaningful money so I'd much rather shove and try to build a stack for a final table run.
  • zampana1970zampana1970 Red Chipper Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    If the UTG limp is ever AA/KK -- ie you've actually seen him do this dumbass move -- then maybe you talk yourself into folding and let MP fall in the trap, but against an MP iso I feel like you're likely flipping and you gotta flip sometime. Oh and depends on what UTG's stack is - if it's 20bb then shove, if it's 200bb then ugh prob pick another spot.
  • Jeffrey OJeffrey O Red Chipper Posts: 38 ✭✭
    I'd never seen UTG+1 limp AA/KK but he limped AKo last night. He also flopped a straight w/ 67o limping in MP and getting it through.

His stack was maybe 30-35 BB.

We had just leveled up to 1k ante, 5k/10k and it was putting pressure on almost all of us. Only 2 players at the table were 80-100 BB
  • CASEY MCASEY M Red Chipper Posts: 168 ✭✭
    I think you have to shove or fold.... With a lot of weight toward shoving here with your chip stack.
    Itd be very tight to fold TT here IMO
  • SaintsTigersSaintsTigers Red Chipper Posts: 238 ✭✭
    You can't really fold premium hands on the bubble. 10 10 here with those stack sizes is premium. Your goal in playing should not be to min cash. All of the upside comes from accumulating chips. This spot is too good to pass up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file