Lots to work on!

jaym626@gmail.com[email protected] Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
50-100BB . Hero has 200BB. As does vil on button. Hero AcAs in SB. 3X raise from MP. Vil and hero call. Flop KcQc6c. Hero bets 1000. Mp1 folds. Vil calls. Turn 10s. Hero bets 2k Vil raises to 6k. Hero calls. River 8h. Hero bets 5k. Villan calls. Shows KsQh.
This is my first post in forum. If I left out info please let me know. Looking back I should've 3 bet preflop for value. After flop I put vil on AK. With the overpair and outs to nut flush I felt comfortable betting and calling. After missing flush on river I felt like a check would be too weak and hoped he showed AK.
Please let know your thoughts.
Thanks!

Comments

• Skors3Skors3 Red Chipper Posts: 669 ✭✭✭
    Welcome. I'd like to start with some presentation advice as I found your post hard to read.

1) You start with '50-100BB.' What does this mean? (after rereading I assume these are the small and big blinds)

2) Try breaking up what you write. Posting this in one big chunk is hard to read.

3) Try using the card icons, indicated by the :spade button above.

4) I'd stick to either writing in BBs OR $ amounts, but don't switch back and forth between the two. (You start off talking about BBs but then you lead out for 1,000)

5) Is this cash or a tournament?

6) While readers can probably do the math it may be helpful to update things like pot size on each street. It just makes it easier on the reader and therefore easier to tackle your question(s).

7) If possible, give us info on your opponents.
  • jaym626@gmail.com[email protected] Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Really appreciate the feedback!
    Early levels of tournament.
    Blinds 50-100 . Hero, MP1 and Vil have around 20K. Hero :Ac:As in SB.
    Folded around MP1 opens to 300. Vil on button and hero call.
    Pot 1000. Flop :Kc:Qc:6c . Hero bets 1000. MP1 folds. Vil calls.
    Pot 3000. Turn 10s. Hero bets 2k Vil raises to 6k. Hero calls.
    Pot 15000. River 8h. Hero bets 5k. Villan calls. Shows :Ks:Qh

Villan had been limping and over calling quite a bit. Seemed like he just wanted to play every pot. Still early though so not a whole lot of info.

This is my first post in the forum. If I left out info please let me know. Looking back I should've 3 bet pre-flop for value. After flop I put Vil on AK. With the overpair and outs to nut flush I felt comfortable betting and calling. After missing flush on the river I felt like a check would be too weak and hoped he showed AK.

Please let know your thoughts.

Thanks!
  • SaintsTigersSaintsTigers Red Chipper Posts: 238 ✭✭
    I recommend raising preflop with you aces. If middle position likes his hand, which raising indicated he most likely does, he'll put in more chips when you have the best starting hand possible. This allows you to get value out of your hand.
  • EazzyEazzy Red Chipper Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    This is a really bad board. Sure you have the :Ac but what do you expect villain to have that you beat once any real money starts going into the pot. I mean AK, KJ are the only hands villain can have, you beat that puts any real money in and you block a lot of the AK hands.

Pre flop and easy 3 bet and I see no reason not too. Then on this board, you decide gee I have to pot this, even though they can't have the :ac. Then on the turn you bet 2/3 pot....not quite sure what you think villain has again, then when you get raised to 6 thousand, you think I'm going to call that and donk out if I miss my flush.

I'm betting maybe half pot on the flop (I'm not worried about pricing out flush draws), then on turn same thing...(might even consider checking calling the turn), when raised eh, call probably 4T to win 15T but what do I really beat, If call then just check and fold the river to any size bet. You don't beat enough combos on the river even for the 1/3 pot bet.

What you have to realize is that there is a big difference then someone who calls a lot, and someone who raises a lot. The turn raise was a very strong play.
    Thanks Saints and Eazzy.
  • Jónas SJónas S Red Chipper Posts: 202 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    One thing to take into consideration is not to put villain on one specific hand.

Construct a range of hands, i.e. count down the possible hands villain can have depending on how he played. Is villain only raising AK+ on the button? Very unlikely.

Is villain re-raising AK on a Monotone board with one pair or is he only doing so with two pairs, sets or better?

You have to assign more possible hands to villain's range before making decisions and act accordingly.

Welcome to the forum.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file