Final Table Bubble Spot

SaintsTigersSaintsTigers Red Chipper Posts: 238 ✭✭
I'm 6/16 in a $10+1 tournament on ignition. Spots 10-16 pay $34, 9th pays $55 ish, and 1st pays $500ish.

Blinds are 400/800 with an 80 chip ante. Hijack opens to 17.2k out of his 220k stack. I'm in the cutoff with 185k and KQ off (players yet to act have 20bb, 20bb and 50bb, give or take). I 3bet to 45k, really hoping for him to fold but planning to fold to a 4bet jam and planning to take pot control lines post if flatted. It folds to the opener who calls.

The flop is 2 10 J rainbow. Opener checks to me, and I jam for a little less than 1.5x pot. I didn't want to make a standard cbet and get jammed on, didn't want to pot it and have a 1/6th pot size bet behind if he flats. Also, I heavily discounted QQ-AA since he didn't 4bet pre. Plus he would most likely fold 66-99 and certainly almost all of his overcard hands. So I'm only concerned with sets of tens and jacks which are only 9 combos out of his range.

What are your thoughts on the 3bet pf, 3bet sizing, and postflop jam? Also if you have arguments for different lines, let me know that too.

Thanks

Comments

• NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭✭
    I think you unnecessarily put your entire stack at risk every chance you got against the one guy that could eliminate you when you were incredibly deep. You should look to put pressure on the medium stacks that you cover because those are the ones that will have to fold more often.
  • SaintsTigersSaintsTigers Red Chipper Posts: 238 ✭✭
    Actually, that's a misprint. Blinds were 4000/8000 with an 800 chip ante. I wish I was that deep on the FT bubble!
  • MonadMonad Red Chipper Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just jamming pre as I want to maximize FE in combination w/ a middle equity blocker hand. I almost never plan on 3!/folding under 30BB, and it just invites awkward/unnecessary spots post flop. As played CB jamming flop is good.
  • SaintsTigersSaintsTigers Red Chipper Posts: 238 ✭✭
    Last week my options preflop would have been jam or fold. But I started working on incorporating a non 3bet jam range with 20-25 big blind stacks. Good players do it. And I'm finding some profitable spots.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file