opening utg first level of the tournament

Rezzen42Rezzen42 Red Chipper Posts: 82 ✭✭
i found myself not knowing what to do with A7s and Qjo utg in the beginning as ive come to believe your ranges loosen as the tournament progresses yes? i know its a simple spot but im going to be posting alot over the next few days just to get some of these ranges down. what ranges am i opening first lvl UTG? what can change this range?

Comments

• Rezzen42Rezzen42 Red Chipper Posts: 82 ✭✭
    its a $5 KO tourney guaranteed 5k so 1000 expected players no info as its first lvl. starting stacks of 5000 blinds 15/30
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deep stack you wanna play more suited and fold the offsuit hands from EP. I would fold hands as strong as AJo and KQo but raise 22+ A2s+ and 98s+
    so the A7 i shouldve kept and the QJo i shouldve folded lol i know not to be results oriented but the Qj i wouldve hit the nuts and dragged a huge pot and the A7 i did hit top pair but i wasnt sure where i wouldve been at exactly
    what am i doing with 22-66
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Focus on playability of hands when your 40bb+ and less on the raw equity. You want hands that make the nuts and can barrel off with draws. You dont wanna barrel off with QJ on Q83 board.

I picked up Johnathan little book that came out this month. I think you should spend some time studying it before playing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file