Get Your Tournament Workbook Here

SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,069 -
edited August 2017 in Final Tables Workbook
You play well for hours, you win your share of coin flips, and you finally find yourself at the final table. Now is your chance to capitalize on the opportunity at hand and set yourself up for the big money up top.

Truth be told, your final table results are going to largely boil down to 3 things:

1. Luck (gotta win those 60/40s!)
2. Picking up non-showdown pots
3. Defending well against aggressive players

I can't help you with the luck portion, but the other factors actually distill down to one major skill: hand reading.

By understanding ranges well, you will be able to find more steals with air, more resteals with less-than-stellar hands, more barrels, and thinner value opportunities. This workbook will guide you through the spots that make or break your final table win rate and help you develop your hand reading skills at a technical level.

Is this workbook easy? Nope.

But will you become a stronger hand reader? Yup. Will you be able to estimate range width and combos more easily in real time? Yup. Will you find areas where your opponents are leaking chips? Yup. Will you start identifying spots where YOU are leaving money on the table? Indeed.

k9bivwobvjgw.png
click to learn more about this workbook

For this workbook, I teamed up with Ben Hayles (author of the POSTFLOP series), and together we've built 40 exercises that will keep you focused on improving your core skill set. On top of hand reading, you will work through ICM and EV calculations along with exploring alternative lines and stack sizes.

Essentially, if you are beyond the poker basics, this is the workbook you NEED to be doing between sessions to set yourself up for the best chance of success when you find yourself at a final table.

And of course, this forum is where you can check other people's answers, compare your own, and get feedback on the ranges you're using/assigning. Jump into the workbook and GLGL!

Pick up your copy of the workbook here.
📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.

Comments

• zampana1970zampana1970 Red Chipper Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    Hey @SplitSuit started working with the book today, loving it, really pleased to be figure out each of these spots.

Software question: I'm using ICMizer and it wants player numbers and chip stacks, rather than BBs. I'm assuming it doesn't matter what level I use or what size tourny (9 person, 18 person, 90 person, Sunday millions, etc) as long as I size the stacks relative to the blinds to match what we are exploring in each hand? I fiddle around with various settings and the ICM does drift a little based on the different structures, but it is slight... As long as I'm working at the final table, the math of BBs vs stack sizes should be equal yeah?

We should start posting some hands and start talking about the work here.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,069 -
    I'm so glad to hear you are digging it @zampana1970 !

I've done a few explorations and there was never an issue with just using stack sizes in BB (and ofc the SB = .5BB, BB = 1BB, ante = .1BB).

And whenever you are ready, just create a new thread for each hand and drop your template and/or answers within =)
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • Ben HaylesBen Hayles RCP Coach Posts: 16 ✭✭
    I agree with Splitsuit. When I was using HRC I entered SB 50 BB 100 Ante 10 and multplied each chip stack in big blinds by 100. I only did this in case the program had an issue with decimal places. There should be no issue just using exact BB counts though.
  • Greg_the_EngineerGreg_the_Engineer Red Chipper Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Does anyone have a small sample of Hand Histories I could get? I only play Live and I want to get some I can use for training purposes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file