Mindset and Conquering Fear.

Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2017 in General Concepts
I thought i would drop this as i think it is relevant to the mindset we should seek for our game to grow stronger.

This is a quote from a fictional character some of you may recognize who he/she is. I tweaked it a little.

"Don't just fight common situations, fight every battle everywhere, always, in your mind. Everyone is your enemy. Every possible series of events is happening all at once. Play that way and nothing will surprise you. Everything that happens will be something that you've seen before."

Comments

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    And yet he/she got surprised

;)
  • Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭✭
    Red wrote: »
    And yet he/she got surprised

;)

Don't spoil me a thing ! :)
  • jfarrow13jfarrow13 Red Chipper Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    IMO a pretty paltry attempt at screen writing. The show has become predictable. Make Bran the night king. What a twist. What a great end. What a good explainer for a lot of plot holes. It would be sick twist without overreaching.
  • eugeniusjreugeniusjr Red Chipper Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    I like the quote. Point taken. Be vigilant, always striving.

(Soon, you will be accustomed to it and can do more and more.)
  • Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys it is not a thread i started to talk about a series ;)
  • Nemanja SNemanja S Red Chipper Posts: 16 ✭✭
    "Don't just fight common situations, fight every battle everywhere, always, in your mind. Everyone is your enemy. Every possible series of events is happening all at once. Play that way and nothing will surprise you. Everything that happens will be something that you've seen before."

I had to quote your quote... love the show, love the quote. Simple, read it until it becomes a part of your game and your life, really.

Its like chess, in a way, read as many moves ahead as you can... just like in poker, if you know how you will act on every street, no matter what your opponent(s) does, you are already ahead of the game. I am yet to conquer this...
  • keith ckeith c Red Chipper Posts: 142 ✭✭

Interesting take, One thing I find, is when you do alot of studying of poker, once you sit at the table, you can watch things happen and you know exactly what's going on, and often time why people are doing what they're doing. So yeah the above quote is really a good one. Study so you know the game, then there are few to no surprises.

"I drink and I know things, it's what I do."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file