Home tournament QJo v LAG

StrainJPStrainJP Red Chipper Posts: 27 ✭✭
Home tournament with starting stack of 7500. 9 players. In second level and everyone still in, so average stack is $7500. Top 3 get paid: $100, 50, 20.

Hero on button with :Qd:Js (thought it was QsJs) $6500
Villain $7000
Blinds 100/200

Villain is very loose and is fairly aggressive pre-flop and flop, but usually passive/sticky on the river.

Folds around to button
Hero raise $500
V SB calls
BB folds

$1200
:8s:Jc:Ks
SB $500
Hero calls
V has most of the Kx off/suited in his range. He probably 3bets AK, KQ, AA and KK pre. Flush draw is possible, but clearly spades are out of question. J8 is possible.

$2200
:4h
SB $1000
Hero calls

$4200
:Qs (hero realizes he does not have the Qs)
SB checks
Hero ?

Comments

• Nemanja SNemanja S Red Chipper Posts: 16 ✭✭
    I would certainly check in this situation. I am not sure if this would be the most positive EV move, but it is the one that will definitely save you some money in case the Villain had hit the flush.

To me, this looks like a check/raise from a Villain. I might be wrong though.

If you raise him, he will most likely fold, so the raise might not do much and a re-raise by him would push you all in, most likely. Would you be ready to do this if that happens? Always think of those possibilities. I would hate Villain's shove after I raise the river in this situation.

Board is just too wet...
  • MonadMonad Red Chipper Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭✭
    Just check behind. Not getting value from much by betting. Well played.
    OH, didn't realize you hit 2-pair. You could shove as people hate to fold TP in donkaments, but betting small is also an option, but opening yourself up to a x/r is more consequential in a tourney, so my original suggestion still holds as well.
  • StrainJPStrainJP Red Chipper Posts: 27 ✭✭
    I decided to bet $2000, which in retrospect was a mistake. He tank called with KTo, with ten of spades. If he pushes I am pretty committed so a more aggressive line would likely be optimal.

Thanks!
    StrainJP wrote: »
    I decided to bet $2000, which in retrospect was a mistake. He tank called with KTo, with ten of spades. If he pushes I am pretty committed so a more aggressive line would likely be optimal.

Thanks!

Not a mistake. If he calls w/ top pair on a 3 flush board it's criminal to check back. Nice hand.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file