Easy fold?

CASEY MCASEY M Red Chipper Posts: 168 ✭✭
Midway through a $150 buy in tournament. 4 tables left, this table is 7 handed.
Hero has 65bb and is the largest stack at the table. Other players in the hand have between 45-60bb
Limps(!) around to hero in the CO with :Ad:Ac
Hero raises to 5bb. Table as been very limp/call happy. I made it 5x hoping to thin out the callers.
UTG, MP1 and HJ calls.
Pot is 19bb
No real reads on villains other than that the UTG and HJ tend to stick around til the turn a lot.
Flop :As:6d:Td
Bingo!
Checks around to hero. I decide to bet 13bb. Not too worried about the draw possibilities but I dont want to bet 1/2 pot and get a cascade of callers. Also Ive been doing well value towning players at my level.

All villains call.
OK.... this is not what Im looking for... Im start to think that Im up against lots of pair+draws and/or fds. I think the rare 2 pairs and sets would reraise me.

Pot is 71bb
Turn :3d

Im really not happy with this turn but I do have the :Ad so Im thinking I shouldnt check when the table checks to me.

Hero has 57bb behind. I dont think a shove is a good move as I wont get called by anything worse than a flush. I decide to bet 20bb. Not sure if this is the best play. I thought that this amount would be enough to force the other players to fold given their smaller stacks.

UTG C/R all in, MP folds, HJ calls leaving him maybe 6bb behind.
Hero has 37bb behind.

Easy fold or ????

i dont know how to do the Spoiler thing.

Comments

• bigburge10bigburge10 Red Chipper Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭
    Spoiler syntax = [ spoiler ] text [ / spoiler ] ignore all of the spacing.

Turn bet isn't great. Given that everyone called and you hold nearly all of the aces, there's a very good chance that someone has a flush. Just check the turn and pray for the board to pair.
  • JonasJonas Red Chipper Posts: 160 ✭✭
    When you're composing, on the left of the spade icon, there's a paragraph symbol "¶" that's where you'll find the spoiler function.
    That preflop sizing seems small. 3 limps before you? And is there an Ante?
  • Zero CoolZero Cool Red Chipper Posts: 272 ✭✭✭
    Against 2 flushes we have about 33% equity. If we assume that UTG shoved for another 20BB and HJ calls that makes the pot 171BB and you only need to call 20 giving you almost 9:1 on a call. This is an easy call even if we don't like it. Next time just check back the turn it will make this spot much easier.
  • CASEY MCASEY M Red Chipper Posts: 168 ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Thanks all.
    There was no ante yet. I did consider my preflop sizing. I think 6 or 7x would be better.

Zero.... I understand that math but can we make that play knowing we will be left with 15bb in a tournament when we miss so often? Seems like a high variance move to me.
    I get that the turn bet was poor and I put myself in this spot. So should we compound that poor play by taking a high variance line?
    Hero folded. Both villains held flushes.
    :Kd:5d
    :Jd:8d
  • Zero CoolZero Cool Red Chipper Posts: 272 ✭✭✭
    In tournaments we can justify giving up spots that are break even or slightly +EV but in this case we our EV is +43BB. Also from a non math stand point if we win this hand we can fold our way to the final table.
  • bigburge10bigburge10 Red Chipper Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭
    Jonas wrote: »
    When you're composing, on the left of the spade icon, there's a paragraph symbol "¶" that's where you'll find the spoiler function.

Thanks! I hadn't noticed that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file