APT (Advanced Poker Training) Sweat Sessions

ChipXtractorChipXtractor Red Chipper Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in Off Topic Chat
I am extending an open invitation for anyone who wants to do a sweat session using the APT (Advanced Poker Training) software and Skype.

I have done a session with Doug Hull using the software and I think it works out rather well.

We can either have me sweat you or you sweat me or whatever. In my opinion it doesn't really matter as the exchange of ideas is where I believe the value lies.

If you guys have any interest just drop me a note here or contact me on Skype.

Skype = TheChipXtractor

**If unfamiliar with APT it is at the following web address http://www.AdvancedPokerTraining.com

Comments

• Rello242Rello242 Red Chipper Posts: 595 ✭✭
    Sounds interesting, adding you on skype
    -Rello

"Its better to give than to receive, so bet more and call less"
    Check out my HUSNG Graph: Chips-Results
    Follow All the Action On My Blog: www.rello242.blogspot.com
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,876 -
    I think these are great training, especially discussing with peers/coaches. Unlike a live game or on-line game, you can discuss and take sidebars, even peek at Villain's hand.

Recommended for seeing lots of hands fast or slow as you like.
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭
    I think the software is too soft. Seen couple of Split's Vids doing it and I wasn't impressed.

Consider using Snowie maybe. Up to you obv.

GL
  • ChipXtractorChipXtractor Red Chipper Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the AI is not the strongest available. But for what game conditions I am trying to mimic it is a better option than PokerSnowie I believe. I do have both however so I/We can use either one I suppose.

As a single example Snowie will never open limp/call PF. As we know this is a spot that occurs rather often in small stakes live NL. Snowie is a much more difficult AI to play against, and a good learning tool, but I think APT is a better one for a sweat session if it is set up properly.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    If you record a 20-30min session of you playing, and are cool with me doing analysis of it, send me the video recording and I'll make something cool with it =)
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,876 -
    I think the software is too soft. Seen couple of Split's Vids doing it and I wasn't impressed.

Consider using Snowie maybe. Up to you obv.

GL

I think one of the strengths of APT is that it plays poorly in the same ways that real players do. It is not a strong AI, you learn different things from it than from Snowie.
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • ArtArtBobartArtArtBobart Red Chipper Posts: 356 ✭✭
    When I tried Snowie free trial, it said I was "world class." I *know* that isn't right. :)
  • hyPOTcrisyhyPOTcrisy Red Chipper Posts: 212 ✭✭
    When I tried Snowie free trial, it said I was "world class." I *know* that isn't right. :)

Had the same result. I am world class at making bonehead mistakes. I don't think that's what it meant though.
  • bocky7bocky7 Red Chipper Posts: 369 ✭✭✭
    i like them both (snowie and Apt)...they are great for practicing different styles of play...and chipX, i am very interested in any sweat sessions...i think sharing ideas of poker hands would be great for us both.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file