Climbing The Stakes: 10NL

KottonCandyKottonCandy Hudson Valley, NYRed Chipper Posts: 870 ✭✭✭
This is another absolutely outstanding video by Mike Gano. If Adam (Wheeler) and Mike would collaborate to make a 2NL - 25NL series, I know it would be the best material available for those stakes on the entire web.

Comments

• AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gave you a teaser so you pay for coaching :)
  • Nathan SNathan S Red Chipper Posts: 275 ✭✭
    The Climbing the Stakes series should be turned into a playlist
  • KottonCandyKottonCandy Hudson Valley, NYRed Chipper Posts: 870 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Austin wrote: »

I think many of my leaks and issues are still below the level of requiring coaching but in the near future seeking a coach is a definite possibility. I'm learning a ton here. I've played and studied so much the past week, as well as totally ignored my bankroll, that when I did look at my balances last night I had money there that I didn't even know where it came from. Sitting at around $300 on two sites now and can easily deposit on WPN whenever although I still have like 10 2NL BI's on there, as well.

What I'm really waiting for is another reload bonus on Intertops and BetOnline. Then I'm all set for quite some time.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joseph F wrote: »

I think many of my leaks and issues are still below the level of requiring coaching but in the near future seeking a coach is a definite possibility. I'm learning a ton here. I've played and studied so much the past week, as well as totally ignored my bankroll, that when I did look at my balances last night I had money there that I didn't even know where it came from. Sitting at around $300 on two sites now and can easily deposit on WPN whenever although I still have like 10 2NL BI's on there, as well.

What I'm really waiting for is another reload bonus on Intertops and BetOnline. Then I'm all set for quite some time.

Coaching is like private school vs public school. Individual attention just helps you move up faster. Would you rather make 3bb\100 for 2 years and make 6bb\100 now? Its expensive in general and I've personally never did it. There is so much knowledge out there i just became obsessed when i started. Todays game even micros need coaching. Back until 2010 or so didnt really need coaching until 200NL until you started facing competent players.
  • KottonCandyKottonCandy Hudson Valley, NYRed Chipper Posts: 870 ✭✭✭

Coaching is like private school vs public school. Individual attention just helps you move up faster. Would you rather make 3bb\100 for 2 years and make 6bb\100 now? Its expensive in general and I've personally never did it. There is so much knowledge out there i just became obsessed when i started. Todays game even micros need coaching. Back until 2010 or so didnt really need coaching until 200NL until you started facing competent players.

I constantly look back and kick myself. I had $55,000 in cash when I was 24 (35 now) and I wound up pursuing other things that I had my eyes set on for ages. If I would have taken that money, invested into the poker boom (I was *really* close to doing so), I can only imagine what I would have experienced. That I'm in the game the way I am now, and that I'm going to stay here, does make the long shot possibility of the game opening back up to Americans a potentially lucrative one. Obviously, right now, the real money is going to be in the live games so that's what I'm both working and saving toward.
  • Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    This is another absolutely outstanding video by Mike Gano. If Adam (Wheeler) and Mike would collaborate to make a 2NL - 25NL series, I know it would be the best material available for those stakes on the entire web.

I think you are over estimating me here Joseph. I can handle some part of my game but i'm nowhere near coaching at the moment. I could certainly teach some things, but i find my game not sharp enough to put myself on a pedestal.

I learned A LOT in the past year and a half and sometimes i still find that i'm a noob.

Just yesterday i opened my database to find hands for a fella poker friend and i was laughing at my play.

In fact i laughed often a lot :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file