A8s SB - Good resteal spot or spew?

ivandurstivandurst Red Chipper Posts: 124 ✭✭
edited April 2015 in Live Poker Hands
Daily rb/ao tourney at HP, we're past the rb period.

Villain is something like a 25/15 I would guess. I haven't seen him get out of line too much, but he's not a nit. Most pots have been multiway limped even up to this blind level, so stealing dynamic hasn't been established yet. No read on his min-raises.

1000/2000/500 9 handed, nowhere near the money.

Villain is hijack with 35,000
Hero is SB with 16,600
BB 25,000 (narrow calling range)

Folds to villain who opens for 4,000. Folds to hero in SB with :Ah:8h. I don't have enough data points for any kind of range for villain, but I expect something like [A6s+, A9o+,KJo+, QJo, KTs+, QTs+, 44+]. Assuming range is not far off, the dead money, and some little fold equity vs. potentially dumb villain who doesn't know that 2.5 to 1 is a mando call (this is a soft tourney), this is a shove right?

Comments

• Christian SotoChristian Soto RCP Coach Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I like a re-steal here bud!

I think you have decent equity against the range he calls with and also he should be stealing here pretty often especially if BB doesn't defend at a correct frequency and he is aware of this.

Also, your shove looks decently strong coming from SB to the naked eye.

GL
  • jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't think you have any bad options really - folding isn't bad, shoving isn't bad, and there is always the stop-n-go (insta shove any flop). Stop-n-go might give most fold equity. His raise looks a little fishy to me, so shoving looks good as well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file