1/3: JTs multiway 3bet pot deep, flop oesd

ivandurstivandurst Red Chipper Posts: 116 ✭✭
$1/3, $500/table max buyin, frequent straddles, plays big. Minimal 3bets pre.

Hero (UTG+3): $565
Tagfish (BTN): covers
Bigfish (SB): covers
Nitreg (UTG+2): covers

Hero has TAG image, Tagfish has TAG stats pre, but is completely ABC, hasn't bluffed in 3+ hours and has awful hand-reading skills. Bigfish is a station pre, slightly tighter post, and has donked more than once with top pair-type hands. Nitreg is... a nitty-ish reg.

UTG straddles $6
Nitreg raises to $20
Hero calls $20 :Jd :Td
Tagfish raises to $80
Bigfish calls $79
BB folds
UTG folds
Nitreg calls $60
Hero calls $60
Pot $330

Tagfish 3b range is JJ+, AK, maybe TT. Bigfish is 22+, T9s+, etc, maybe wider. Nitreg is capped at 77-QQ, AJs+, AQ+. Getting 5 to 1 immediate plus 9 to 1 implied is borderline for calling 3b with this hand, but... fishies make it a call.

Flop :8d :8s :9c

Bigfish donks $60
Nitreg folds
Hero raises to $300

We're getting nearly 2 to 1 on a jam with oesd + bdfd (although paired board), and in my head Tagfish folds overpairs sometimes given this action (and calls AK/raises overpairs sometimes behind if we were to just flat), Bigfish folds many of his donks as well. I chose a small raise instead of a jam because I thought it looked stronger. I'm not repping much, but neither of these guys are strong hand readers, and a paired board could worry them.

What's your move?

Comments

• kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12
    i dont like much about this hand.
    yeah, its pretty and suited... but you realize its a DRAWING hand...
    meaning you either want to be deep or in position.
    and when i say deep, i aint talking bout 150bb... im talking 300bb+
    THEN you can put pressure on you pfr and the rest of the field

everything else i dont like bout the hand, @porter covered.
    A+ for enthusiasm
    D- for execution

oh.... my move? call 20. fold to 60.
  • Fernando OFernando O Red Chipper Posts: 14 ✭✭
    "What's your move? " I would make an appointment for an eye examination, then take a good look in the mirror. With some luck you'll go through a period of evolutionary hijacking that might prevent you from the type of crass and critical descriptions of animals who haven't "benefited" from scales => feathers => wings that help them fly above lesser critters.

Anyway, Porter was kind enough to provide you with valuable info about stack size concerns, pot geometry, and what is likely to happen when fools play bingo but have deluded themselves into thinking they are deploying sophisticated strategy against our friends with gills.
  • CubanBCubanB Red Chipper Posts: 82 ✭✭
    kagey wrote: »
    and when i say deep, i aint talking bout 150bb... im talking 300bb+

Hero straddled this hand - we're not even playing 100BB deep here.
  • moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    Consider your notes about V: "Bigfish is a station pre, slightly tighter post, and has donked more than once with top pair-type hands."

Then consider your flop play.

Do they align? (I'm also not sure about a how V could be a tighter player post who donks more than once with top pair-type hands...)