Flop Falcon not starting

Chris SChris S Red Chipper Posts: 60 ✭✭
edited September 2017 in Poker Software
I installed Flop Falcon a few weeks ago and it worked great. I haven't used it in a while and today I tried to load it and every time I start the program the splash screen flashes and then the program immediately closes. Has anyone else had any issues like this or ideas on how to fix it? @Doug Hull , are there any logs anywhere I could check for errors? I checked the Windows event viewer and I didn't see anything obvious.

I'm running the software on 64 bit Windows 10. I've already tried restarting and I even uninstalled and reinstalled both Flop Falcon and the Matlab runtime and I get the same issue. I'm wondering if there was a recent update to Windows or something that broke it.

Comments

• boyd148boyd148 Red Chipper Posts: 98 ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Mine works but there is a 30 second lag time between the splash screen closing and the actual program opening.
  • GoSub4GoSub4 Red Chipper Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Wow, I'm getting the exact same thing as Chris S. I've done a complete re-download and re-install of both the FF and MATLAB. Double-checked with firewall, run as administrator, etc. Same, 64-bit Windows 10. Chris S saved me a lot of typing! Always worked great for months until today.
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • kageykagey Red Chipper, KINGOFTAGS Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you got a receipt
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,876 -
    Chris,

What version Flop Falcon? It sounds like both of you are on windows 10. When Perseudo jumped in. Was the implication he was also on that OS?

My guess is there is something in the windows 10 update. Normally what happens is MathWorks quickly finds out Microsoft broke something. Windows repatches and it is fixed. Let me investigate
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind, I'm not a good example. Mine works because I have not gone through the update process and it wants $40 for it.
    @persuadeo I guess I had avoided the payment issue by going to my original receipt email from Gumroad and clicking on that download link. It allowed me to download FlopFalcon1p471 and used my original license key, which showed up automatically. But maybe downloading there is part of the problem?

FWIW ... @Doug Hull I temporarily removed last week's Windows 10 update, but got the same result.
    @perseudeo you started with a beta version. Hit me up off line to get in with the regular gumroad development track.

Anyone having this, try and start the application at the command line. e-mail me your results.
    edited September 2017
    email on the way...
  • Chris SChris S Red Chipper Posts: 60 ✭✭
    I ran FF from the command line and sent an email with the error as requested. I am running the latest version 1.471
  • DavidDavid Red Chipper Posts: 60 ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. I don't know what running a command line means. Please help. Thanks.
  • Chris SChris S Red Chipper Posts: 60 ✭✭
    It means opening a Windows command prompt and running the executable that way. When I ran it I got an error that said "Failed to initialize MATLAB Runtime Instance: The specified component has expired." which usually means the software was compiled with a trial version.

If you want to try it yourself you can get instructions by googling something like "run windows command prompt" to find out how to open a prompt. Then from the command prompt you can run flop falcon by typing in the path to the executable and hitting enter. The default location would be: C:\Program Files\Red Chip Poker\FlopFalcon\application\FlopFalcon.exe
    Chris S wrote: »
    When I ran it I got an error that said "Failed to initialize MATLAB Runtime Instance: The specified component has expired."

Same result for me.
    I think you know what is going on. I hope to test a new build Sunday or Monday.

Thanks all
  • DavidDavid Red Chipper Posts: 60 ✭✭
    Thanks for getting back to us Doug! I appreciate your timely response :).
    I sent out a new version to a couple of testers. Once I get results, I will post.
    My testers both agreed the fixed worked. I am out playing. Will upload tonight.
    Fixed.

https://gumroad.com/l/RCPFlopFalcon/?wanted=true

If you are not having this problem, then no need to update. All owners were e-mailed of the update.

Thanks @Doug Hull . Everything working fine again.
  • Sev3nCardKillRSev3nCardKillR Red Chipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Hey @Doug Hull ,

Timmer from WPDG here. I purchased Flop Falcon a few years back after it was first introduced to the WPDG. However when I fired it up for the first time in awhile yesterday it wouldn't start . I soon found there was an update. TO make a long story short I followed your advice and went to gum road to pay for it and gum road will recognize me and wouldn't charge me . However gum road didn't recognize me and charged my paypal account $30 bucks.

I would like it if you can go ahead and refund me as soon as you can.

the email on my paypal is [email protected]

Thanks in advance and see you soon at the WPDG .

Timothy E Stine
  • Sev3nCardKillRSev3nCardKillR Red Chipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Refund came through lickitysplit.

Thanks Team !!

timmer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file