ATs on T76hh

AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭✭
Villain is loose passive. Has made a couple aggro moves postflop which hasn't made sense but hasn't had to show down a hand yet.i think this hand is about his overall range.

Game 1\2\3
1 limper
Hero sb AsTs raise to $17
Bb (villain) calls 17
Limper folds

Flop ($35) Tc7h6h
Sb check
Hero bets $30
SB calls
Turn ($95) 9s
Hero checks
Bb bets 50
Hero calls
River (195) 8s
Hero checks
Bb all in $60
Hero calls

On the turn i figured with 17 preflop his range should be high card heavy and PP. He didnt raise flop so i eliminated sets. 88 gets there but thats top of his range. Don't think he bets 2 pair on the turn. His range felt polarized to me. Was calling the river unless its a heart JQK i don't like either.

Comments

• SuessSuess Red Chipper Posts: 83 ✭✭
    As played it looks fine. He definitely could have a jack but for 3.33:1 I wouldn't have been able to fold, especially since it seems like effective stack was only about $130 to start and his previous nonsensical aggressive postflop acts.

If he understands relative value then I'd agree him not betting two pairs, but then again he might just like that he has two pair and thus decides to bet.

My main critique is that I like betting the turn, but it's really thin. A worse T might call--something like KT or QT or JT--and other flush draws might still give you value too. I can't see any better folding though. And of course, his action defines his range more.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭✭
    villain had Qh2h split pot on the river
  • SuessSuess Red Chipper Posts: 83 ✭✭
    He played that...interestingly
  • the_tpupthe_tpup Red Chipper Posts: 75 ✭✭
    To say the least

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file