Chromecast question?

undisciplinedundisciplined Red Chipper Posts: 20 ✭✭
Does anyone use Chromecast to watch the videos on your tv? If so where is the cast icon ? Ive used it for yr plus now unable to. What am i doin wrong?

Answers

• Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,876 -
    I did this before. I think you need a plug in that will cast your entire webpage. Then maximize screen and all good.
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • undisciplinedundisciplined Red Chipper Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Doug im using an android phone with chromecast. The cast icon no longer appears on the video screen as in the past.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    Doug im using an android phone with chromecast. The cast icon no longer appears on the video screen as in the past.

Very odd. Nothing has changed on our side (same video player, no on-site changes, etc.), so it may be a Chrome/Chromecast update that is messing with things.
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • BoilerAceBoilerAce Red Chipper Posts: 458 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone found a way to use an iPhone + Chromecast so I can watch the Crash Course Videos on my TV instead of my phone? Surely this has been solved by now...
  • dnoyeBdnoyeB DetroitRed Chipper Posts: 284 ✭✭
    I don't think Red Chip's video application supports that. Your phone itself should be able to cast it's whole screen though.
  • BoilerAceBoilerAce Red Chipper Posts: 458 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    You are correct...the app doesn’t support chromecast directly. Back when I originally posted this, I’d tried every third party app under the sun for the iPhone and couldn’t get anything to work.

I have been able to get one WebCast free app to work but it’s a bit clunky. Web Video Cast for Chromecast. Still looking for better options...
  • derdonkerderdonker San Jose, CA USARed Chipper Posts: 125 ✭✭
    I wanted to watch videos from my iphone (google-drive made offline accessible) on a hotel tv. I first tried an AppleTV, which worked, but I had to have a working wifi internet connection. I returned that to the AppleStore. Next, I researched Chromecast, Miracast, and Anycast. I ordered an Anycast, since what I want is to watch my iphone on a TV without requiring an Internet connection nor fooling around with AppleID or Google ID. It's super cheap at $20, as well. I'll know how it goes in a few days.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file