Section 2-11

QuadzillaQuadzilla Red Chipper Posts: 9 ✭✭
Section 2-11

Part I: Pre-Flop
Villain (Super Nit) open limps from UG1.
Villain’s limping range: JJ-77, JJ-77, AKo-AQo,AQs-AJs,KQs,[35]QJs,JTs[/35],[25]AA[/25] Combos: 70
Villain would open raise range: KK-QQ, AKs, open raise AA 75% and open limp AA 25%
Villain limps JTs-QJs 35% of the time and folds 65%
Villain folds 66-22

Part II: Pre-Flop
Hero raises 3.5BB from the HJ; folds to Villain, who calls 2.5BB
Villain has 84BB looking at an effective stack of 74BB, getting 3-1 immediate pot odds villain, and having >20BB implied odds, Villain’s tight range shouldn’t change much. Even if villain limped with 66-22, for 2.5BB, villain should see the flop.

JJ-77,AKo-AQo,AQs-AJs,KQs,[35]QJs,JTs[/35],[10]AA[/10] Combos: 69
Villain’s call closes out pre-flop action, so villain should call all of his tight, opening range, with the exception of rearising the slow played wired AA. Typically, a super nit re-raise the limped Aces, but I added 10% chance for a smooth-call; hence the loss of one combo, from 70-69. (If there was a 2-bet from the CO, Button, or Blinds, then most of Villain’s range would be folded out, but that’s not the case, here.)

Part III: Flop Qd Th 3s
Hero bets 6.5BB (approx. 70% pot)
Villain calls.
Villain’s range: 4%, Combos: 47
JJ-TT,33,AKo-AQo,AQs,KQs,QJs,JTs,AhJh,[10]AA[/10]
If Villain limped AA 10% of the time, he most likely re-raises with them on the flop.
Villain would re-raise his sets, TT and 33 (I did not include wired 3s in our super nit’s limping range UG1—a Nit might limp 33 UG1, but a “Super Nit” on the first hand of the final table, UG1, mucks pocket 3s—but I included it now because the authors, apparently, think it’s in his pre-flop limping range, since it’s in one of the prompts.). In summary, super nits, typically, are afraid of losing/getting outdrawn, so he/she would most likely playback at hero with all his/her strong holdings.

Part IV: Turn Qd Th 3s Jh
Villain’s range: 3.5%, Combos: 40
TT,33,AKo-AQo,AQs,KQs,QJs,JTs,[50]JJ[/50],[10]AA[/10]
Villain checks and Hero, deciding to pot control, checks.
Out of Position, Villain most likely checks everything except the set of Jacks, which I ranged him leading half of the time and checking half of the time.

Part V: River Qd Th 3s Jh Ks
Of course, this is a terrible card for our hero.
Hero is ahead of QJ (2 combos), JT (3 combos) (Not sure here if JT has 3 combos or 0, since it changes if the filter is on), and tied with KcQc AA,TT,33,AQo,AQs,KQs,QJs 23 combos.
Villain bets 9BB into a 22.4BB pot, over 1/3 pot
This is either a blocking bet or a value bet—most likely a value bet.
Hero’s equity is 11%
Hero’s call needs to work approx. 28% of the time to break even; hence, it’s a clear fold, sadly, especially against a “Super Nit.”

In the past, I’m probably calling, since I’m getting 3.5-1, and it’ oh-so-hard to fold to 9BB bet. Perhaps after another 999 exercises of this type, I’ll be able to make that fold.

Comments

• kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭✭
    what is 2-11?

You didn't mention your hand or range - right? (did I miss it in wall of text?)

don't know how you gave Hero 11% equity without a hand/range?

I doubt even "super nits" are folding pairs, and if he is really a super nit AK folds to flop bet so he really doesn't have as many Ax (only AQ/AA slowplays)combos as my ISO range would so I would consider having some river bluff raises on that runout especially with the weak looking sizing
  • QuadzillaQuadzilla Red Chipper Posts: 9 ✭✭
    It's from the workbook, Section II/Chapter 2, Hand #11. I don't have a range, since the exercise gave me Kh Qh, sorry, I should have mentioned that.
  • Ben HaylesBen Hayles RCP Coach Posts: 16 ✭✭
    @Quadzilla - very nice work :-) Note that where you say 2-Bet in the preflop section, you should say 3-Bet, as the hero has already made a raise.
  • bogata XLbogata XL Red Chipper Posts: 29 ✭✭
    I think a tight nit UTG can ol and often raise KK and AA if he gets iso-ed. So those combo's I give a filter 50%.
    I think he won't openlimp 66-QQ, but openraise, so those pocketpairs I eliminate from his range.

On the flop he will x/raise those KK and AA combo's, so on the flop I eliminate KK and AA entirely out of his range.

RIVER
    The board becomes 4straight Broadway and we have 2TopPair.
    A tight nit is not going to lead out with 2Pair, so we don't beat anything.

I have in his range a few combo's ATo, 3 combo's J9s and 4,5 combo's T9o.
    Those combo's are 55% of his turnrange.
    All those combo's are straights and beat us.

I fold my 2Pair on this board and his lead-out. I don't beat anything.

Maybe it would have been better to 2ndbarrel the turn and don't give a free card and fold out draws?
    The range that I assign to the tight nit is not so very strong on the turn, Flopzilla gives me 78%.
    But of course it all depends on our estimation that he would openraise certain combos or raise certain hands on the flop.
  • Mark FlemingMark Fleming Red Chipper Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Preflop: A super NIT playing UTG would be super tight and, set mining would be in their range so all pairs, AK, AQs and all Broadway SC. He would limp AA hoping to 3B a raise from the myriad of looser players behind him. He would limp with QJs hoping for a cheap flop but then fold to any aggression. He would limp with 55. He would limp even with KK, QQ, or JJ, and most would see this as a mistake, but not Super NIT.

Villain’s range goes 16% (201) AA-22, AKo-ATo,KQo-KTo,QJo-QTo,JTo,AKs-ATs,KQs-KTs,QJs-QTs,JTs.

Villain has range equity over me, 47/53

I raise almost a whole pot, but Super NIT still calls. A super nit, UTG, calling a pot sized raise suggest that I should narrow his range. I eliminate the Broadway offsuit gappers, leaving him the AXs.

Villain’s modified range is now 12% (147) AA-22,AKo-ATo,AKs-ATs,KQs-KTs,QJs-QTs,JTs.

His range equity improves, 43/57.

It's possible that Super NIT turned into a call station because I raised from late and have position, not.

Flop :Qd :Th :3s

Super NIT check-calls my 2/3s pot bet. He did not bet for value which would have indicated the strongest hands. He would be comfortable slow playing sets. I decide to remove AA, KK, AK and AJ.

Villain’s range goes 27% (24) of previous QQ, TT,33,AQo,AQs,KQs-KJs,QJs-QTs.

His range equity improves, 38/62.

Turn :Jh

Obviously, this connects well with my hand

The equity range does an amazing flip to me, a near even 51/49.

He would fearfully check-raise his entire range for pot control. He fears the worst, me having AK and especially AhKh. He proceeds with 100% (24) QQ,TT,33,AQo,AQs,KQs-KJs,QJs-QTs.

River :Ks

Nine BB is not a strong bet except maybe by a Super NIT with an AQ or QT that makes his straight. He would not be betting now with his 2P or Ax.

I am beating all his 2P except we split the pot if he has KQ too. I’m losing to his sets and straights.

Villains range goes 100% (22) of previous QQ,TT,33,AQo,AQs,KQs-KJs,QJs-QTs.

Range equity increases in my favor, 55/45

I am calling a 9BB bet with slight trepidation.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file