Deserve to get stacked?

Wiki_LeaksWiki_Leaks Red Chipper Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in Live Poker Hands
1/2

Delt :Ac:4c in the bb. 4 limpers and sb completes. I check. 100bb effective stacks.

Flop :Qs:Qc:2c

I check 2 limpers check villain bets 5bb. Has been whining about being card dead for the last 40 min at the table. All folds to me and I call, the rest fold.

Turn is :9c I check villain bets 12.5bb, I raise to 37.5bb, he moves in and I call. I lose to deuces full.

Questions:

Should I raise my blind here? I didn't raise because 2 of the limpers are loose and I'm in the bb. Playing oop with this hand is usually
Not great. However villains have been pretty fit fold and I have already taken down several pots with a c bet (usually in position though)
As played should I bet out on the flop? Is a bet/fold viable here? I'm not convinced a someone with a :Q? Is raising me here.

Comments

  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,069 -
    I typically lead the flop and go from there, yes.
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • Stu PidassoStu Pidasso Red Chipper Posts: 50
    What is a raise from the big blind going to accomplish? If everyone folds that would be a coup for you.....but realistically is that going to happen? Probably not. If they do not fold and you flop top pair, your raise builds a bloated pot that you're going to be forced to play out of position for the remainder of the hand. Are you comfortable with that?
  • starling81starling81 Red Chipper Posts: 88
    SplitSuit wrote:
    I typically lead the flop and go from there, yes.

    I agree with Split 100%. You will know better where you stand if you just lead the flop. If you not leading the flop, lead the turn at least - you will be able to get away cheaper. When you check-raise the turn, you put so much more to the middle to get same amount of information, where in some cases you commit yourself and just forced to stack off with second nutz to find out you're drawing dead.

    It's a $1/$2 game, so you raising your A4s from BB is not a best play, they just don't fold enough. They limp and they call to "see" how they bink it with whatever crap they holding. Knock-knock and see the flop, you seeing it for free.
  • Wiki_LeaksWiki_Leaks Red Chipper Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    starling81 wrote:
    SplitSuit wrote:
    I typically lead the flop and go from there, yes.

    I agree with Split 100%. You will know better where you stand if you just lead the flop. If you not leading the flop, lead the turn at least - you will be able to get away cheaper. When you check-raise the turn, you put so much more to the middle to get same amount of information, where in some cases you commit yourself and just forced to stack off with second nutz to find out you're drawing dead.

    It's a $1/$2 game, so you raising your A4s from BB is not a best play, they just don't fold enough. They limp and they call to "see" how they bink it with whatever crap they holding. Knock-knock and see the flop, you seeing it for free.

    I agree in retrospect. Like I said I didnt raise pre because I didn't necessarily expect folds but I wanted to think about a different line at least to prove it wasn't optimal. The flop lead makes a lot of sense though for all reasons stated.

    One problem is I feel like a lot of people just call here. Then we bet/fold turn? We're probably not good against a tighter villain when I dub on a third club and he makes a committing raise. Might prevent me from getting stacked.
  • starling81starling81 Red Chipper Posts: 88
    Wiki_Leaks wrote:
    starling81 wrote:
    SplitSuit wrote:
    I typically lead the flop and go from there, yes.

    I agree with Split 100%. You will know better where you stand if you just lead the flop. If you not leading the flop, lead the turn at least - you will be able to get away cheaper. When you check-raise the turn, you put so much more to the middle to get same amount of information, where in some cases you commit yourself and just forced to stack off with second nutz to find out you're drawing dead.

    It's a $1/$2 game, so you raising your A4s from BB is not a best play, they just don't fold enough. They limp and they call to "see" how they bink it with whatever crap they holding. Knock-knock and see the flop, you seeing it for free.

    I agree in retrospect. Like I said I didnt raise pre because I didn't necessarily expect folds but I wanted to think about a different line at least to prove it wasn't optimal. The flop lead makes a lot of sense though for all reasons stated.

    One problem is I feel like a lot of people just call here. Then we bet/fold turn? We're probably not good against a tighter villain when I dub on a third club and he makes a committing raise. Might prevent me from getting stacked.

    It's fine to bet fold the turn when you say guy is a horrible nit :) Being a nit he rarely stacks off there with a lower flush. You don't want to stack off with a flush on paired board in a limped pot, he shows up there with all kinds of crap that has you beat: 22, 99, Q2s, Q9s/Q9o. You don't want to risk your stack in a limped pot.

    Eh, whatever, just "nice hand" him and reload :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file