Free Poker Webinar: Brilliant Bluffing (Nov 16th)

SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,650 -
edited November 17 in Memberships & Products
Good morning y'all. Just wanted to let you know that I'm running a free webinar next week. We're going to discuss bluffing from an overall and technical point of view, getting into all of the important parts of this skillset. Here is the info:

What: 'Brilliant Bluffing' webinar
When: Thursday Nov 16 @ 8pm Eastern
How Long: 60-90 minutes
Cost: $0.00
Where You Can Register: splitsu.it/brilly

bihok3812oaw.jpg

As always, everyone who registers will get the replay the following day (so register even if you cannot make the live webinar).

And if you have any questions about bluffing that you want to ensure get covered, you can ask here.

Can't wait to see you there!
My latest poker course brings the popular book 'Poker's 1%' to life- The One Percent
Tagged:

Comments

• Luuk vLuuk v Red Chipper Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Hi Split, any chance your previous webinar can be made available again? I wanted to check it out the other day but it said it wasn't available anymore.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,650 -
    The Optimizing one or the Frequency Exploits webinar?
    My latest poker course brings the popular book 'Poker's 1%' to life- The One Percent
  • Luuk vLuuk v Red Chipper Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Optimizing with Top Pair
  • Alexis WAlexis W Red Chipper Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited November 16
    The webinar room says that it's "reached its full capacity of 500 attendees." And it's still three hours before the event!

I certainly hope there will be a replay available.
  • needaglassofmilkneedaglassofmilk Red Chipper Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Cannot get in.
  • David ADavid A Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    yeah, same message for me. will peek back in when it starts.
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as players think of it as bluffing this will be a market with an endless demand.
    Luuk v wrote: »
    Optimizing with Top Pair

No plans to re-release it at this time. Might use it as a bonus for something else later though...

Those getting the error message - can you try now and see if the same issue happens?
  • needaglassofmilkneedaglassofmilk Red Chipper Posts: 43 ✭✭
    woot!
  • David ADavid A Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    yep, all good. thankfully because i started to get feelings of guilt for playing hooky
    tonight. now, it is justifiable hooky. :)
    David A wrote: »
    yep, all good. thankfully because i started to get feelings of guilt for playing hooky
    tonight. now, it is justifiable hooky. :)

That's the best kind =)
  • cxy123cxy123 Red Chipper Posts: 28 ✭✭
    First thanks. Second job well done. Well organized and presented while informative and moving at a good pace.
    cxy123 wrote: »
    First thanks. Second job well done. Well organized and presented while informative and moving at a good pace.

You're very welcome and thank you for the kind words =)

Is there anything I could have done to make it even more useful for you?
  • bigburge10bigburge10 Red Chipper Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭✭
    I may have mentioned this for the previous webinar, but the playback doesn't seem to allow rewinding/forward through the video. Am I overlooking something? Sup with that?
    bigburge10 wrote: »
    I may have mentioned this for the previous webinar, but the playback doesn't seem to allow rewinding/forward through the video. Am I overlooking something? Sup with that?

You are correct for the live replay.

Did you get my second email this morning with the download link? Check that so you can DL and skip around =)
  • bigburge10bigburge10 Red Chipper Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭✭
    Got it now! Second email went to spam for some reason. Thanks!
  • cxy123cxy123 Red Chipper Posts: 28 ✭✭
    SplitSuit wrote: »
    cxy123 wrote: »

You're very welcome and thank you for the kind words =)

Is there anything I could have done to make it even more useful for you?

I dont have a specific comment at the moment. if someone comes up when I watch the replay I will post it.
  • KristosKristos Red Chipper Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Any chance you can post the download link?
  • KristosKristos Red Chipper Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Kristos wrote: »
    Any chance you can post the download link?

No worries, got it.
  • fatking lfatking l Red Chipper Posts: 3
    Great webinar as always. Taking it really slowly and experimenting with Flopzilla at the same time to get into it.

One question keeps nagging at me: the 70% frequency thing. Where does this come from. Especially as a cbetting frequency OOP it appears way too high to me. Did I miss something?

Or do I have to combine it with the checking range to get to that number?
    fatking l wrote: »
    Or do I have to combine it with the checking range to get to that number?

(I'm no expert, but...)

My understanding is that it comes from Matthew Janda's Applications of No-Limit Hold 'em, via Ed Miller's Poker's 1%. It's based on a bunch of math.

And, yes, "continuing" would include the sum of your betting, check-calling, and check-raising ranges.
  • zampana1970zampana1970 Red Chipper Posts: 464 ✭✭✭
    (I'm no expert either.)

The 70% does come from a GTO-ish idea of range reduction. My understanding though is that it's affected by the size of the bets you are calling or making -- ie: you reduce less of your range with smaller bet investments, and reduce none of your range with no bets (a check). That might be something I made up or misunderstood, but the 70% ends up being some sort of short hand for this idea?
    edited November 21
    My understanding though is that it's affected by the size of the bets you are calling or making?

Yes, stack sizes are important. As Sweeney explained in the webinar, the 70% assumes three roughly pot-sized bets post-flop. If stacks are shorter (or much bigger, presumably) than that, then the math is different.

Also, being out of position puts you at an inherent disadvantage, so 70% is not necessarily the magic number there.
  • zampana1970zampana1970 Red Chipper Posts: 464 ✭✭✭
    edited November 21
    right - that number would be affected by bet size, stacks behind and maybe position although i don't quite understand that part. So off table you could probably figure out exactly what percentage of your range you want to be continuing with based on these factors, but at the table i think the 70% is considered a good ballpark in most situations. Although for me I will try and use the bet size vs pot size as a more specific guide. But honestly, at table, if the bet size dictates continuing with 60% of range vs 70%, am I really going to know my range on this particular flop so well that I would know which combos are not in a 60% range vs a 70% range?
    Thanks for your answers. All makes some sense.,,,,,
    There is no magic number, I guess. Starting point is probably is to have a continuing strategy IP as well as OOP for one bet size (i.e. pot size) and then to develop the knowledge (or at least a feeling) how to adjust for other bet sizings.
    .....I see lots of work off-table coming up here
    Alexis W wrote: »
    And, yes, "continuing" would include the sum of your betting, check-calling, and check-raising ranges.

You are the second person that I've seen say this in the last 24 hours.

Where are you getting this from?
    fatking l wrote: »
    Thanks for your answers. All makes some sense.,,,,,
    There is no magic number, I guess. Starting point is probably is to have a continuing strategy IP as well as OOP for one bet size (i.e. pot size) and then to develop the knowledge (or at least a feeling) how to adjust for other bet sizings.
    .....I see lots of work off-table coming up here

Yup & yup. Better to have a strategic starting point than none at all =)
    edited November 22
    SplitSuit wrote: »
    Alexis W wrote: »

You are the second person that I've seen say this in the last 24 hours.

Where are you getting this from?

"If someone bets, and I say you should usually call, I mean you should fold no more than 30 percent of the time. You can call, or you can raise, and together those should add up to roughly 70 percent of your actions."

--Ed Miller, Poker's 1% - page 44.

If I have mistaken his meaning, or gotten confused over when to think of it like this vs. when I shouldn't (as the bettor vs. caller, in position or out), or incorrectly conflated more than one concept, then I apologize. I'm still figuring it all out myself.
    Well, that sounds to me like 70% is indeed the sum of our action except folding.
    Then being OOP, we will easily end up with a cbet freq < 70% if we plan to have a XR and XC range